Windows 10: what do the numbers in the nvidia driver mean

Discus and support what do the numbers in the nvidia driver mean in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; the drivers are in this format 43x.y for example sometimes y increases when a new driver is released and sometimes x increases when a new driver is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cns00, Sep 2, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

what do the numbers in the nvidia driver mean

the drivers are in this format 43x.y for example

sometimes y increases when a new driver is released and sometimes x increases when a new driver is released. what is the difference between when x increases and when y increases?

i dont like to update my drivers that often so is it ok if i only update whenever x increases? i always use the clean install option each time i update the nvidia driver

also will outdated intel card drivers have any affect on the nvidia driver? intel card drivers are released very frequently and i like to wait a couple of months before i update my intel card

:)

cns00, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Apsy Win User

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

Apsy, Sep 2, 2019
  3. bal39 Win User
    Fall Creators Update uninstalled my Nvidia driver

Thank you so much. I looked in Device Manager as you suggested and found the versions listed. I also see how the version numbers do coincide with the nVidia numbers, just the decimals are in different places. So Windows must have installed the 22.21.13.8494,
    which would be 384.94 in an nVidia version. I think I had version 381.65 installed previously when I looked at the nVidia >display driver folder in Explorer. That version doesn't show up in the Device manager listing if compatible hardware is checked. So maybe
    it wasn't compatible. Thanks for telling me how to check for those previous drivers. I will wait a bit before updating any drivers and watch for updates.

bal39, Sep 2, 2019
  4. what do the numbers in the nvidia driver mean

Windows 10 Nvidia Driver

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps:

Method 1 uninstall the
    Nvidia drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: uninstall the Nvidia Driver drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click Device
    Manager.

b. Expand Display Adapters.

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on it and click uninstall.

e. Once you uninstall the drivers it will prompt to restart the computer, do not restart the computer.

f. It will take default drivers in the computer.

Step 2: Reinstall the drivers.

Please download the drivers from the computer Manufacturer’s website and reinstall the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

what do the numbers in the nvidia driver mean

1. what do the numbers in the nvidia driver mean - Similar Threads - numbers nvidia driver

2. What do these single numbers at the end of failed updates mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do these single numbers at the end of failed updates mean?: I've noticed for a while but been curious, some are 3, 2 or 4, what do they mean? the amount of attempts/tries? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-single-numbers-at-the-end-of-failed/a01f619d-646c-4485-b72f-37bf3fdb2056
  3. What do these single numbers at the end of failed updates mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do these single numbers at the end of failed updates mean?: I've noticed for a while but been curious, some are 3, 2 or 4, what do they mean? the amount of attempts/tries? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-single-numbers-at-the-end-of-failed/a01f619d-646c-4485-b72f-37bf3fdb2056
  4. What do these single numbers at the end of failed updates mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What do this mean?

What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  6. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  7. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  8. What do these mean?

What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  9. Anyone know what do these numbers mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what do these numbers mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CaptOmar98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itrkef/anyone_know_what_do_these_numbers_mean/
  10. What exactly do they mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly do they mean?: When doing a windows update, I get the following message: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...