Windows 10: What do these msert.log errors mean

Discus and support What do these msert.log errors mean in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently ran Microsoft Safety Scanner a couple times following some strange behavior that may or may not have to do with my CMOS battery (System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, Feb 9, 2019.

1. What do these msert.log errors mean

I recently ran Microsoft Safety Scanner a couple times following some strange behavior that may or may not have to do with my CMOS battery (System restore is not working... - Windows 10 Forums)

I noticed a lot of errors listed in the msert.log file. I was wondering if anyone can help me make sense of them (see attachment).

Thanks!

:)

leftisthominid, Feb 9, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

What does this error mean?

I want to suggest Avast gets off your system. I have many issues in 3 locations because of users installing Avast. Microsoft Security Essentials does the same job, and is free, too, without the headaches.

ANYWAY, now that's off my chest, I suggest you look into Sneekypeet's suggestion, as the WHEA-Logger entries are cpu-stability problems. The 7044, 7022, and 7023 errors are due to the system losing it's gourd. *Laugh :laugh:

But, Kriej has a good suggestion as well.

Event ID's can be easily identified via this portal:

Troubleshooting Information for Windows Events

cadaveca, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Error Log Reading

Hi ankurshaswat.

Sorry I can't tell from logs but all data appears to be very old. Like September. Here is a list of quick fixes that can help from an MS article.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...dy_UpgradeTips
    Quick fixes The following steps can resolve many Windows upgrade problems.

• Remove nonessential external hardware, such as docks and USB devices.
    • Check all hard drives for errors and attempt repairs. To automatically repair hard drives, open an elevated command prompt, switch to the drive you wish to repair, and type the following command. You will be required to reboot the computer if the hard drive being repaired is also the system drive.
      • chkdsk /F
    • Attempt to restore and repair system files by typing the following commands at an elevated command prompt. It may take several minutes for the command operations to be completed. For more information, see Repair a Windows Image.
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • Update Windows so that all available recommended updates are installed, and ensure the computer is rebooted if this is necessary to complete installation of an update.
    • Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
      • Use Windows Defender for protection during the upgrade.
      • Verify compatibility information and re-install antivirus applications after the upgrade.
    • Uninstall all nonessential software.
    • Update firmware and drivers.
    • Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.
    • Verify at least 16 GB of free space is available to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS.

Once you done all of the above could I suggest you follow this tutorial to install the upgrade. While non destructive I would recommend backing up all data off device.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Then repost the logs please.

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2019
  4. What do these msert.log errors mean

Security check MSert

I ran MSert on my laptop and it did not stop file checking after 4 1/2 hours and viewing 617900 files. What is going on here

David MartinAC, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

What do these msert.log errors mean

1. What do these msert.log errors mean - Similar Threads - msert log errors

2. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  3. MSERT Log Empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT Log Empty: Why does MSert tell me I have 16 infections but at the end it says no virus found and the log is empty with no listed infections? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-log-empty/45c7000c-2a32-4bd0-9eea-ebd318b82cf5
  4. MSERT Log Empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSERT Log Empty: Why does MSert tell me I have 16 infections but at the end it says no virus found and the log is empty with no listed infections? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-log-empty/45c7000c-2a32-4bd0-9eea-ebd318b82cf5
  5. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  6. What do these mean?

What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  7. what do errors mean

what do errors mean: Would someone here please explain the errors with this code. It worked earlier but? ---------------------------------------- the code: <?php // including the database connection file include_once("config.php"); ?> <?php //getting id from url $id = $_GET['id']; //selecting...
  8. Daily errors what do they mean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Daily errors what do they mean?: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 6/19/2020 8:54:52 AM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: TIMS-PC\fourw Computer: TIMS-PC Description: The...
  9. What do these errors mean? Are they important?

in Windows 10 Support
    What do these errors mean? Are they important?: The Nal Service service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an...
  10. What do these errors mean now

in Windows 10 Support
    What do these errors mean now: In the event manager DmWapPushService: Failed to register WNF with EventAggregator for WAP messages received by SMS Router. Result: (0xC0020036). Access to drivers on Windows Update was blocked by policy 63576