Windows 10: What do these REG Keys actually affect?

Discus and support What do these REG Keys actually affect? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning. Does anyone actually know what these keys actually affect please [ the Dark Blue Ones ]. I know they have something to do with Privacy,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul Black, May 14, 2021.

1. What do these REG Keys actually affect?

Good morning. Does anyone actually know what these keys actually affect please [ the Dark Blue Ones ]. I know they have something to do with Privacy, Speech, Inking, and Typing etc . . . Thanks.

:)

Paul Black, May 14, 2021
  2. azuma Win User

VDI Optimizations -- Need help identifying a few Reg Keys (Win10 20H2)

Greetings all,

I'm working on optimizing my org's VDI environment and was looking at suggested settings from Microsoft here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...endations-2004

There are a couple registry tweaks that are listed and I couldn't find any information regarding what the actual registry change does for the following registry key names:

ShellState HKLM\Temp\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    ShowCompColor HKLM\Temp\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

In the document, it advises to set ShellState to 240000003C2800000000000000000000
    and ShowCompColor to 1

Would anyone know what these key names pertain to and what the suggested tweak would change?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

azuma, May 14, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Did you follow the preceding step in the doct?
    Solution

To fix this problem take the following steps:

1. Uninstall ShadowProtect
    2. Remove the registry key:
      [table][tr][td]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VSS\Providers\{24602736-bed9-4619-91b0-243447c6409c}.[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    3. Restart Windows.

Have you then merged the reg file, then restarted?

dalchina, May 14, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

What do these REG Keys actually affect?

Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10  

Without changing the owner and permissions of the keys in steps 1 and 2, the .reg files will not be able to fully merge, and those keys will not be changed. Those keys are responsible for the folders showing in the navigation pane if you open the folder pinned to Quick access or Start list.

Brink, May 14, 2021
Thema:

What do these REG Keys actually affect?

1. What do these REG Keys actually affect? - Similar Threads - REG Keys actually

2. What does ai.exe actually do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does ai.exe actually do?: What does ai.exe actually do? Of what practical use is it? Why is my system forced to run it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-aiexe-actually-do/51fc11a4-953c-418a-8b7e-fca5ac645560
  3. What does ai.exe actually do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does ai.exe actually do?: What does ai.exe actually do? Of what practical use is it? Why is my system forced to run it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-aiexe-actually-do/51fc11a4-953c-418a-8b7e-fca5ac645560
  4. BSOD w/ 'admppm.sys' problem: Changing reg '3 > 4' : What does it ACTUALLY do? > REG...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD w/ 'admppm.sys' problem: Changing reg '3 > 4' : What does it ACTUALLY do? > REG...: Impact on battery session length? I used this "fix" but I'm wondering about impact on battery? When using only battery, will setting REGVALUE [Start: '4' ] in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdppm deteriorate my battery session-length? REGKEY:...
  5. BSOD w/ 'admppm.sys' problem: Changing reg '3 > 4' : What does it ACTUALLY do? > REG...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD w/ 'admppm.sys' problem: Changing reg '3 > 4' : What does it ACTUALLY do? > REG...: Impact on battery session length? I used this "fix" but I'm wondering about impact on battery? When using only battery, will setting REGVALUE [Start: '4' ] in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdppm deteriorate my battery session-length? REGKEY:...
  6. What are the side affects of downloading windows10 but not getting the key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the side affects of downloading windows10 but not getting the key?: I am probably getting a pc for x-mas and don’t want to spend another 140 dollars on windows10 I have heard of getting it but there will be a water mark. Is that it? I just feel like windows would restrict you more then just a watermark. Would I still be able to get all the...
  7. What can new Cortana actually do?

What can new Cortana actually do?: I'm running 2004 build of Windows 10 in English (UK), and I tried telling Cortana 'remind me to do x', and it just responds with: 'I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.' I know there was a regression of Cortana features, but what can it actually do, besides telling me the...
  8. Can someone explain what does these settings ACTUALLY do?? Does these affect, let's say, a...

Can someone explain what does these settings ACTUALLY do?? Does these affect, let's say, a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Saikat0511 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gc804o/can_someone_explain_what_does_these_settings/
  9. What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?

What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?: So I'm thinking of encrypting my "C:\" SSD on my laptop so if its stolen no one could get on my files. But whenever I search how BitLocker works, ppl always talk about the encryption and setup process, but I want to know if I have a password on my Windows User Account and I...
  10. changing key in reg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing key in reg: Tried to change the key in directx. Message New Key#1 entered new key following this message. Hit enter. Closed directx and the old key number was still listed. What do I need to do?...