Windows 10: What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries?

Discus and support What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics] "DisableHWAcceleration"=dword:00000000 "MaxMultisampleSize"=dword:00000000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by xSyrax123, Jun 15, 2021.

1. xSyrax123 Win User

What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics] "DisableHWAcceleration"=dword:00000000 "MaxMultisampleSize"=dword:00000000 "UseReferenceRasterizer"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics] "DisableHWAcceleration"=dword:00000000 "MaxMultisampleSize"=dword:00000000 "UseReferenceRasterizer"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics] "DisableHWAcceleration"=dword:00000000 "MaxMultisampleSize"=dword:00000000 "UseReferenceRasterizer"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics] "DisableHWAcceleration"=dword:00000000 "MaxMultisampleSize"=dword:00000000 "UseReferenceRasterizer"=dword:00000000

:)

xSyrax123, Jun 15, 2021

2. ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 15, 2021
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 15, 2021
  4. What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries?

GreggEshelman, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries?

1. What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries? - Similar Threads - registry values are

2. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the default registry values for this...: registy key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-values-for-this/bd0e20ef-6d40-47b9-a13f-a63e75207f14
  3. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the default registry values for this...: registy key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-registry-values-for-this/bd0e20ef-6d40-47b9-a13f-a63e75207f14
  4. what is the default registry values for this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Removing registry entries based on key name values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  6. Removing registry entries based on key name values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  7. What do these registry tweaks do and are they still valid entries?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What do these registry tweaks do and are they still valid entries?: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D] "DisableVidMemVBs"=dword:00000000 "MMX Fast Path"=dword:00000001 "FlipNoVsync"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D] "DisableVidMemVBs"=dword:00000000 "MMX Fast Path"=dword:00000001...
  8. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...: Good day, What does this mean? In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders. It is a key that is called !Do not use this registry key. Entered value: Use the...
  9. What is the purpose of DelegateExecute registry value

What is the purpose of DelegateExecute registry value: When reading through the registry shell/open keys, for instance: HKCU\Software\Classes\ms-settings\shell\open HKCU\Software\Classes\http\shell\open I see the Default key which corresponds to the opening application and the way parameters are passed when it is executed....
  10. How do i restore a registry value?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do i restore a registry value?: I was having problems with how Win 10 handles metadata on my mp3's. I found a post here that seemed to address the problem. Is Windows 10's File Explorer able to read ID3 v2.4 tags on MP3s? I think post #7 is the critical one for this question. I followed the...