Windows 10: What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?

Discus and support What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How up to date is it? Why can't I access the web page? With all those questions asked, I am trying it on my test computer. It works well, even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CannonRebel, Oct 20, 2020.

1. What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?

How up to date is it?

Why can't I access the web page?

With all those questions asked, I am trying it on my test computer. It works well, even though I can't figure out how to delete a volume/safe.

:)

CannonRebel, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Callender Win User
    Callender, Oct 20, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Safehouse explorer

For anyone reading, this seems to be the program in question:
    SafeHouse Explorer - SafeHouse User's Guide

Hi, do you use disk imaging routinely as tenforum members tirelessly recommend? E.g. Macrium Reflect (free/paid).

If so, restore the relevant partitions.

Otherwise: There's their support page- best to seek product specific advice rather than here on a more general O/S basis.
    Lock Files and Folders with SafeHouse Encryption Software

Assuming one or more protected vaults was created, this may still be physically on the partition and be recoverable. However, if you've been using that partition, as ever, with deleted files, it could well have been at least partially overwritten.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Dee Lion Win User

What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?

Safehouse explorer

Savehouse Explorer creates encrypted "vault" files on the drives you specify.
    A file search for *.sdsk will locate any vaults on a drive, but you'll need the password for a particular vault to open it.
    Uinstalling or deleting the Safehouse Explorer program does not delete any of the vaults it created.

Safehouse Explorer.exe is a standalone program with no required dependencies.
    So if you copy it to a removable drive on which you've created a vault, you can access that vault on any Windows computer without requiring any software installation.

When run on a computer that doesn't already have the optional support module installed, it will offer to install that module. This requires admin access to install and will provide an improved user interface, but it is NOT required to access your vault. I definitely recommend installing it on your computers.

Important: After installation, keep backup copies of the installed Safehouse Explorer.exe program file, which is web-independent. The installer itself will NOT work unless it can access the safehousesoftware.com web site and thus is unusable if that site is down (as it is as I write this) or inaccessible, and without Safehouse Explorer.exe, you CAN'T access your vaults!

All sensitive data on my thumb drives is in Safehouse vaults so that if I lose a drive, that data is inaccessible to the finder.

Dee Lion, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?

1. What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption? - Similar Threads - Safehouse Explorer Encryption

2. Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?: IE is still in 64-bit and 32-bit Programs. Does it still have some relevance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-is-dead-but-what-do-we-do-with/9b711983-e3d6-4933-ae90-b4a7d2938817
  3. Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?: IE is still in 64-bit and 32-bit Programs. Does it still have some relevance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-is-dead-but-what-do-we-do-with/9b711983-e3d6-4933-ae90-b4a7d2938817
  4. Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer: I have lost a file (SafeHouse explorer) that was on the desktop, I have checked the recycle bin, one drive and clipboard but no luck, I have used the search but no luck there. I have not deleted as far as I am aware. Any suggestions please. SafeHouse is an encryption program...
  6. the hard disk being encrypted and not knowing what to do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the hard disk being encrypted and not knowing what to do: Hello. I got a problem with Lenovo's hard drive. I put the hard drive in and then booted it into a new pc When booting up the hard disk is recognized but not read. My friend said something about the hard disk being encrypted and not knowing what to do. thanks for the...
  7. Safehouse explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safehouse explorer: I have accidently uninstalled safehouse explorer with my files still in it, can anyone tell me where they will be on the PC so that I can retrieve them. ever hopeful... 146944
  8. Safehouse explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Safehouse explorer: I have accidently uninstalled safehouse explorer with my files still in it, can anyone tell me where they will be on the PC so that I can retrieve them. ever hopeful... 146944
  9. What do I want to know about this scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I want to know about this scam?: Suddenly popped up. Does not give any workable option to close it. URL is strange, all sorts of flags here.... I even had a difficult time to regain control of the computer. It played a loud announcement. I switched off the speaker. Claims to be Windows Defender....
  10. Six clicks: What we think we know about Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    Six clicks: What we think we know about Windows 9: Microsoft's Build 2014 conference is right around the corner. At that event, which kicks off April 2 in San Francisco, Microsoft is believed to be planning to disclose at least some high-level information about Windows 9. The rest here it is a 7 part slide show.