Windows 10: What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera?

Discus and support What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm sure that a lot of you guys heard about the study conducted over battery life on PCs that use different browsers contently. According to Microsoft,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dylanrules22, Jun 25, 2016.

1. What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera?

I'm sure that a lot of you guys heard about the study conducted over battery life on PCs that use different browsers contently. According to Microsoft, Edge outperformed all the other browsers in terms of battery conservation. Opera's creators struck back with their own study saying that Opera outperformed all the other browsers, including Edge. Who do you guys think is right? Never used Opera to be honest, so I don't know.

EDIT: Changed Oracle to Opera. Mixed up the two services. That was embarrassing xD

:)

Dylanrules22, Jun 25, 2016
  2. graye Win User

Edge Browser and Edge Emulation in IE

I'm confused... I don't think there is an "Edge emulation mode" in Internet Explorer

graye, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge AdBlock

Hey guys, to answer all your questions : You should be asking Bing : Which is the best browser for blocking ads! There will always be an idiot out there who says something like "Or you could just get Chrome and get adblock from it's webstore."

Inventor-DMC, Jun 25, 2016
  4. exploder Win User

What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera?

Not sure it is Oracle but I remember seeing both articles. I doubt either browser really makes much difference though. The good thing is that by these browsers competing eventually both should get better.

exploder, Jun 25, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    It's Opera browser I am pretty sure Oracle has nothing to do with Opera.

For those that have not heard of this yet here are Links.

Original post from Microsoft:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...ery-with-edge/
    Response from the developers of Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2...over-the-edge/

sml156, Jun 25, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I also had not heard of Oracle buying Opera Software, a Search for such found a large number of pages about Opera and the dozen or so I viewed had no mention of Oracle.

Berton, Jun 25, 2016
  7. Woops. My mistake. Junior Member's mistake. Sorry *Tongue. I meant Opera

Dylanrules22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera?

1. What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera? - Similar Threads - guys Browser War

2. What browser are you guys using?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What browser are you guys using?: Been using edge for awhile now and they added so many bloatware that i think its time i move on… submitted by /u/runnbl3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13c2fbu/what_browser_are_you_guys_using/
  3. What do you think of these recommended apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think of these recommended apps?: I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for reactions. As is typical for the internet, not everyone agrees. Below is the current state of the list. Do you have any experience...
  4. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  5. Which browser do you think is the safest?

in Browsers and Email
    Which browser do you think is the safest?: Hi! I use Google Chrome browser. Is that the safest browser - do you know? Or are there safer ones? Thanks! 163281
  6. You guys know what this is.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You guys know what this is.: So yeah it’s happening again (it happens literally every startup) black screen no cursor, is lit up, can’t even get into the automatic repair screen because the turn it off and back on three times trick won’t work, have no automatic repair drive or cd thing (wouldn’t matter...
  7. So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all)

in Browsers and Email
    So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all): Greetings, I've been playing with the new Edge. Available for all via download -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge I have a low end Mini PC (Pentium) and any performance improvements with the browser will DEFINITELY be noticed. (Firefox takes 15 seconds to load 4 tabs...
  8. What do you think of the hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do you think of the hardware?: HI! I started this thread is this a good deal - Windows 10 Forums but I think it is here better First what do you think of the harsware I got this laptop MSI GT83VR 7RF-206 Titan SLI - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews with the price 2800$ is this a good price for this...
  9. What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about ZHPCleaner?: ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for having a different opinion. It seems to do a more thorough registry search than the others. Sometimes it points out leftover...
  10. What do you guys think of installable desktops for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What do you guys think of installable desktops for windows 10?: What do you guys think of installable desktops for windows 10? Do you think Microsoft would ever do that? 4960