Windows 10: What do you if you encounter Phishing

Discus and support What do you if you encounter Phishing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What you encounter is Phishing, it usually shows when you are browsing in internet. Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdmondGalido, Mar 27, 2020.

1. What do you if you encounter Phishing

What you encounter is Phishing, it usually shows when you are browsing in internet.

Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication

No matter what happened don’t entertain it.

What you have you do is to forcedly close the Browser. Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome or Internet Explorer

You have you press Control Key + Shift Key + ESC Key to Open Task Manager.

When you open the Task Manager, Click “more details” if available.

Click the Browser and Click “End Task”.

That will close the app and you will be able to perform further actions.

Open Windows Settings Windows key + I

Choose Apps and Search for the Browser Microsoft Edge

Click “advance options”

And look for reset button and perform the reset.

And with that you are good.

:)

EdmondGalido, Mar 27, 2020

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 27, 2020
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Mar 27, 2020
  4. What do you if you encounter Phishing

Jsssssssss, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

What do you if you encounter Phishing

1. What do you if you encounter Phishing - Similar Threads - encounter Phishing

2. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  3. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  4. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...
  6. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...: My system information. hp ProBook 440 g8,windows 11 home. I uninstalled my audio drivers both from the audio inputs and outputs section and sound, video and game controller section in the device manager. Now the audio inputs and outputs and sound, video and game controller...
  7. encountering the error ,''the system cannot find the file specified.'' when installing the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  9. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue: After startup and logging in, my screen started to flicker randomly to a black screen and back. It started to happen quicker then it completely stayed a black screen. I couldn’t use any of the UI and all that worked was ctrl alt del. I used this to restart and on login again,...
  10. Screen Flickering- tried to solve and encountered another issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware