Windows 10: What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10?

Discus and support What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My system is running Windows Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.720). I clean-installed it few years ago, and have not had any hardware changes except for a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mystiky, Mar 16, 2020.

1. mystiky Win User

What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10?

My system is running Windows Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.720). I clean-installed it few years ago, and have not had any hardware changes except for a new graphics card (NVidia 2070 Super) installed in early December 2019. I am mostly using my computer for stock market trading, so lots of open windows, data streams, and I am using 2 monitors (both running in 4k).

About a month ago, I have started to have "random" system shutdowns (no actual BSOD), which then become an auto-restartt and reload of Windows. Meaning, it doesn not shut down and stays off until manually turned on.

So after running a few virus checkers (I have Kaspersky KAV 20, and then ran Malwarebytes), which came up 100% clean, I decided that since my power supply is at least 7 years old, to change it to a new one. I bought the top of the line Corsair 850x (80 Gold Plus rated with 10 year parts and labor warranty) and installed it. All worked for 36 hours without ANY problems (I even played COD MW to make sure there is a lot of working load). Again, no problems.

Yet, just a few minutes ago, the "crash" happened again. I was not even using the PC at that very moment but I was sitting next to the computer while a live-stream (of news) was playing in my trading software and I heard stuttering, then my left monitor turned off, and a few moments later the system shut down and restarted (you don't see the Windows shutdown screen. The monitors just go black and in standby mode as if the PC is turned off), then it self auto-reboots and there are NO ERRORS on the screen. Upon clicking on Microsoft Edge browser, all of the previosuly windows automatically re-open as Windows realizes that there must had been a crash.

There is no way that the PC is overheating, as I actually activated an extra fan when I changed the power supply. Also, the new graphics card worked over 2 months without any problems, so unless it suddenly became defective, I don't see it as the culprit. Plus I've had this crash happen when using Microsoft Word, or surfing the web (using Edge) more often than while playing a game, which of course would tax the graphics card being that I play in 4K mode.

Important: I know there was a bad Windows Update few weeks ago, which I did uninstall. However, the re-released fixed was installed about a week ago.

I feel it is time to finally run a registry cleaner, which I have never done since installing Windows 10. Certainly, I will also try rolling back the graphic drivers, perhaps clean install windows again from scratch, etc... However, the first thing is running a good cleaner.

I know that CCleaner gets pretty good reviews, but are there any other alternatives?

All advice is much appreciated!

:)

mystiky, Mar 16, 2020

2. Registry Cleaner

Could someone suggest the safest and best Registry Cleaner software that I can use in Windows 10?

ThomasHigginsWP, Mar 16, 2020
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    what's a good registry cleaner?

I think you are confusing the program suggested by panther with another utility made by IObit, the IObit defragger. Advanced Windows Care 2 is for cleaning registry, junk files, spyware and other crap as well as sys optimization. As far as defraggers go the IObit utility is prety good, however i suggest using Diskeeper, comes in 2 varities Lite (free) and Pro (paid), i used both and they are better than Windows defragging tool.

Thanks to panther and DRDNA for making suggestions i will try those out.

4. DaveM121 Win User

Registry cleaner for Windows 10

Microsoft’s official position on the use of Registry Cleaners

• Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners
    • Microsoft is not responsible for issues caused by using a registry cleaning utility.
    • Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the use of a registry cleaning utility can be solved

DaveM121, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - suggest REGISTRY cleaner

2. Registry Cleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Cleaner: I was looking for ways to boost my computer's performance, so I thought getting a registry cleaner would help. I did some research and the two most highly rated cleaners were Iolo System Mechanic and CCleaner. I'm not sure which is safer and more amateur friendly, so I wanted...
  3. Registry Cleaner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Cleaner: Hello, I need to use a Registry Cleaner for Dell Windows 10; Is it guarantee the functionality of the application? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-cleaner/5b375af5-c765-4005-84ec-1b8dccc1e065
  4. What is a good cleaner app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is a good cleaner app: I wanted to download ccleaner but people say it's not that safe submitted by /u/killer987xn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1suux/what_is_a_good_cleaner_app/
  5. what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner: what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-safe-duplicate-photo-cleaner/e900bfcb-70a7-4b06-a080-e08b65328a02"
  6. Do i need a Registry cleaner and if i do what is the best one?

Do i need a Registry cleaner and if i do what is the best one?: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-registry-cleaner-and-if-i-do-what-is/c3c81849-8afa-4dcb-93e7-d0edba7a97bc
  7. External Registry Cleaner for Windows 10 ?

External Registry Cleaner for Windows 10 ?: I ask the Community - even if it is an never ending story with that question... It is knowing that the Windows internal deinstaller doesn't work clean. so it's not strange to find a lot of empty registry entries from old software that was deinstalled. even if a external...
  8. Registry cleaners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry cleaners: What is your opinion about registry cleaning programs? Are they useful or not so much, and which ones would you recommend? I've been using JetClean for a while and, while it says it cleans a lot of shortcuts, RAM etc., there doesn't seem to be any noticeable improvements...
  9. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using: Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning...
  10. Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!: I have used Ccleaner and REVO to clean and maintain my Windows environment. So I am looking for your thoughts and comments as to what you recommend for cleaning Windows and Windows registry. And if you could add why I would really appreciate it. I feel that registry...