Windows 10: What do you think of my backup strategy with Macrium Reflect

Discus and support What do you think of my backup strategy with Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [ATTACH] 4 SSDs in the machine.. the primary Win 10 boot is designated as Samsung, PM981. Which is cloned to Samsung PM951 and can be selected as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dictum, Jan 9, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

What do you think of my backup strategy with Macrium Reflect

What do you think of my backup strategy with Macrium Reflect tYFLWtn.jpg

4 SSDs in the machine.. the primary Win 10 boot is designated as Samsung, PM981.
    Which is cloned to Samsung PM951 and can be selected as an alternative boot.
    Which is also cloned to the Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 SSD and can be selected as another alternative boot choice. I clone more or less without a schedule, when enough major changes have taken place. Sometimes twice per month and sometimes months go by without a clone. It's not incremental obviously but it dumps the entire 1TB - although it seems to me the very first time it takes 45 minutes and then 25 minutes so maybe Macrium does have some kind of incremental logic build-in.

I worked with just 2 clones (1 primary and 1 clone) for years until an accident a few days ago wiped out the EFI partition on the clone *and* the source, I was down for days.

The 4th drive, the 2.5" 860 SATA is just a data disk.

Surprisingly, despite labeled as 1TB, they are not equal. Something about being managed by the system, PM981 and PM951 appear to be identical space-wise while 860 EVO M.2 and 860 2.5" unit are a bit less, strange. I am actually surprised a clone to 860 EVO M.2 worked at all.

Question, what is that last partition in disk0? "Healthy (Primary Partition)"?

:)

dictum, Jan 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

What do you think of my backup strategy with Macrium Reflect [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

Geeks check this out (quote from Tell your backup software, win Macrium Reflect Home license! - Windows 10 Forums):

Another quote that might interest you (from post #2 in TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016 - Windows 10 Forums):

Kari, Jan 9, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

Macrium Reflect Backup Failures

Macrium offers the option of verifying your images when they're created, if you check that box when creating your instruction file.

What do you think of my backup strategy with Macrium Reflect [​IMG]

Otherwise, you could open Macrium, go to the restore tab, navigate to your most recent image and run Verify on it, to be sure it's good.

No, you must find the exact path that's listed in the RKILL log. Do you have show hidden files and folders enabled?

It is, and I can't tell from the Tweaking forum if he ever included reparse/junction fixes, but the guys at Bleeping Computer would know.

simrick, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. What do you think of my backup strategy with Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - backup strategy Macrium

2. Macrium for dummies? (basic backup strategy)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium for dummies? (basic backup strategy): My Windows 10 system is Version 1909. I've been a reliable and consistent backer-upper, although until late last year always used Drive-Image. Because Macrium Reflect free edition is more widely-used, and I like it too, I switched to that when I got a new computer. But, as...
  3. What if macrium reflect backup fail

What if macrium reflect backup fail: Though it has never happened but out of curiosity, I want to know, while restoring macrium image, when we delete System Reserved and OS partition and then drop the backup image at that place and if image fail to restore, and we already deleted the System Reserved and OS...
  4. What if macrium reflect backup fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What if macrium reflect backup fail: Though it has never happened but out of curiosity, I want to know, while restoring macrium image, when we delete System Reserved and OS partition and then drop the backup image at that place and if image fail to restore, and we already deleted the System Reserved and OS...
  5. Macrium Backup Strategy + What Happens if Backup Drive is Disconnected

Macrium Backup Strategy + What Happens if Backup Drive is Disconnected: Hi all. I've on the advice of this forum installed Macrium Free for disc imaging (it feels like a really well put together application) to provide an additional backup for my writing, but would appreciate some help with a few questions from experienced users: 1. The...
  6. How often do you Verify your Macrium Reflect backup images?

How often do you Verify your Macrium Reflect backup images?: Just wanted to get an idea how often members (and veteran users) of Macrium Reflect check the integrity of their images. Am almost tempted to not bother checking anymore as it always says everything is okay. Which doesn't surprise me considering how robust of a program it...
  7. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  8. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  9. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524