Windows 10: What do you think of these recommended apps?

Discus and support What do you think of these recommended apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by emcee2, Aug 14, 2021.

1. emcee2 Win User

What do you think of these recommended apps?

I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for reactions. As is typical for the internet, not everyone agrees. Below is the current state of the list. Do you have any experience with any of the following Windows 10 software? Would you be so kind as to share your experience. Any comments or criticisms would be most helpful. What have I overlooked? I'm brand spanking new to Windows (spent my life behind a Mac) so I don't know what I don't know. Thumbs Up 7-Zip - Unarchiver GeForce Experience - Nvidia Drivers And Customization MSI Afterburner - Versatile Graphics Card Utility Rainmeter - Desktop Customization Tool WinDirStat - Disk Usage Statistics Viewer Your Phone - Links An Android Phone To A Pc Memtest86 - Boots From A USB Flash Drive To Test The RAM Bitwarden - Password Manager Foxit Reader - PDF Reader OBS - screen capturing HWinfo64 - System Information, Diagnostics And Benchmarking Thumbs Down Aida 64 - System Information, Diagnostics And Benchmarking AutoHotKey - Scripting Ccleaner - System Optimization, Privacy And Cleaning Glary Utilities - All-In-One Utility For Cleaning A Pc IObit Advanced Systemcare - Scan, Repair, And Optimize IObit Driver Booster - Driver Update Utility IObit Uninstaller - Advanced Uninstall Tool Iolo System Mechanic - Clean And Speed Up Your Pc KeePass - Password Manager PC Decrapifier - Bloatware Remover Restoro - Free Version Scans Pc For Problems Ryzen Master - Amd Utility For Overclocking SUMo - Software Update Monitor Speccy - Finds/Saves Computer Specs Ultra Defrag - Disk Defragmenter For Windows Malwarebytes - Malware Protection No opinions yet Autoruns - Controls Start-Up Apps Dual Monitor Tools - Advanced Dual Or Multiple Monitor Setup GParted - Partition Editor For Graphically Managing Disk Partitions Microsoft To-Do - Task Management Ninite - Software Installer NirSoft - Password Recovery PowerToys - Productivity Suite Prey - Mobile Device Tracking Radeon Control Panel - AMD Control Panel Recuva - Advanced File Recovery Revo Uninstaller - Advanced Software Uninstaller Rufus - Creates Bootable Usb Flash Drives Seer Pro - Windows Quick Look Tool TranslucentTB - Controls Appearance Of The Taskbar TreeSize - Disk Space Manager Wallpaper Studio 10 - Manage Wallpapers And Backgrounds Windows Defender Offline - Offline Scanning Tool That Runs Outside Of The OS What else would you recommend? Thanks,

:)

emcee2, Aug 14, 2021
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • What do you think of these recommended apps? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. What do you think of these recommended apps? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 14, 2021
  4. What do you think of these recommended apps?

Marketplace thinks app is installed, when it isn't (and so I cannot re-install)

Hi Beatriz, and thankyou for your response. Actually, it does not answer the problem, unfortunately.

I cannot follow the step you suggest ('uninstall the free trial') because the app (neither the free trial nor the paid app) does not appear on my application list.

If I search for the app on marketplace, it won't let me install it (free trial or paid app) because it says that it is already installed. But because it does not show up on my app list, I cannot uninstall it.

It looks like the only answer is a hard reset and restore to factory settings. This is not a good answer really!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jim

Jim Chapman - Turnipsoft, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

What do you think of these recommended apps?

1. What do you think of these recommended apps? - Similar Threads - recommended apps

2. why isnt change app recommendation settings popping up in my settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isnt change app recommendation settings popping up in my settings: i need help changing the settings for school software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-change-app-recommendation-settings/b7cefe95-9763-434b-8fb4-07f39eb973f0
  3. why isnt change app recommendation settings popping up in my settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why isnt change app recommendation settings popping up in my settings: i need help changing the settings for school software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-change-app-recommendation-settings/b7cefe95-9763-434b-8fb4-07f39eb973f0
  4. I cannot find the change recommended app settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find the change recommended app settings: I cannot find the app settings on this PC to change my app settings. It keeps giving me the change your recommend settings, and then nothing is there to reverse it. I tried seeing if the Windows is in S-mode, and it won't allow me to do that either....
  5. I cannot find the change recommended app settings

I cannot find the change recommended app settings: I cannot find the app settings on this PC to change my app settings. It keeps giving me the change your recommend settings, and then nothing is there to reverse it. I tried seeing if the Windows is in S-mode, and it won't allow me to do that either....
  6. I cannot find the change recommended app settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I want to change my app recommendation setting but I cant find the setting to change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my app recommendation setting but I cant find the setting to change.: I have been trying to download software since 2 hours now and it's frustrating because it keeps showing me to change my app recommendation setting in order to use it. I have tried a number of ways to find that setting but it is nowhere to be found. Everyone has easy access to...
  8. I want to change my app recommendation setting but I cant find the setting to change.

I want to change my app recommendation setting but I cant find the setting to change.: I have been trying to download software since 2 hours now and it's frustrating because it keeps showing me to change my app recommendation setting in order to use it. I have tried a number of ways to find that setting but it is nowhere to be found. Everyone has easy access to...
  9. I want to change my app recommendation setting but I cant find the setting to change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do change my app recommendations settings on my windows 11 HP laptop so i can download...

How do change my app recommendations settings on my windows 11 HP laptop so i can download...: How do change my app recommendations settings on my windows 11 HP laptop so i can download zoom? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-change-my-app-recommendations-settings-on/cec024b4-9522-4ea1-9093-12813124bb3b