Windows 10: What do You Think of Windows 10 as a Service? The Good, The Average, The Bad?

Discus and support What do You Think of Windows 10 as a Service? The Good, The Average, The Bad? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Guys, Always wanted to post this. As a community, what do you think of the Windows 10 as a service model? For those unfamiliar with the service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JackPlatt, Mar 31, 2020.

1. JackPlatt Win User

What do You Think of Windows 10 as a Service? The Good, The Average, The Bad?

Guys,

Always wanted to post this. As a community, what do you think of the Windows 10 as a service model? For those unfamiliar with the service system, it means that Microsoft plans to keep Windows 10 up-to-date, with not only monthly security updates, but also new feature updates for Windows 10 users about twice a year. Users get notices of feature updates under Optional Updates when released, and they remain optional until the current build of Windows 10 that you have on your PC or device is about to expire. Than those new feature updates install automatically, This is the planned roll-out for the life of all devices that run Windows 10 for the life of the device that has Windows 10. Here are my views:

The Good- This system will allow people to have the latest security updates monthly because so many people don't update their computers properly, so in theory at least, the set it and forget it approach is a good thing. It is also great that this update is now available for free for all Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users, at least for now: Back up everything before you begin the update, just to be safe!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The Average-With so many different versions to support, can Microsoft effectively squash the bugs with hardware and software compatibility conflicts? Feature updates can be a good thing, but sometimes I think they are being pushed out too fast. I would like to see all Windows 10 builds extended from 18 months to 2 years of support with Windows 10 updates. Business users get to hold off on Feature updates for a year. Why is it that Windows 10 Home users can only withhold updates for up to 28 days in 7 day cycles? The new automatic driver update support plan for Windows 10 also raises questions. Should users be forced to take an automatic driver update, if their device in question is running fine? Should Windows Feature Updates be there, but be changed to being optional for the lifetime of the computer or device?

The Bad- Users concerns about being forced to migrate to new Windows 10 versions, whether they like it or not. Cortona. A feature that had potential in the beginning, but now serves to completely annoy unless turned of in Settings. Microsoft keeps activating it with every new Windows 10 feature update or so it seams. The lack of a desktop equivalent of the free Microsoft Office online and the excellent free Office Apps. This should be added to Windows 10, so that if Internet goes down, which Office.com and Office Apps depend on, users could still use a desktop Office equivalent to that of the free versions. No spellchecker in WordPad or Notepad, despite being offered on such apps as basic as Feedback Hub and every modern email program.

What are some of your good, average, and bad issues about Windows 10?

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Mar 31, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. What do You Think of Windows 10 as a Service? The Good, The Average, The Bad? - Similar Threads - Service Average Bad

2. What do you think is wrong with my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think is wrong with my Laptop: So it all starts about 2 months ago. Bought my self a used Clevo W170HN with Windows 10 Pro 19044 not Activated.Here are the specs : Intel i5 2540M 8GB ram 1600mhz ddr3 1TB HDD TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 Nvidia GT 540M 1GB vramHere are some of the issues: 1.On the Display you can see...
  3. What do you think of these recommended apps?

What do you think of these recommended apps?: I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for reactions. As is typical for the internet, not everyone agrees. Below is the current state of the list. Do you have any experience...
  4. What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?

What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?: Guys,Ever since Windows 8.1, many users have been petitioning Microsoft to update WordPad for Windows 10 to give it a new look and feel. It would have a spellchecker, and a Dark Theme Mode. I went online, and a program developer for Windows 10 created this added image. I...
  5. What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10?

What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10?: My system is running Windows Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.720). I clean-installed it few years ago, and have not had any hardware changes except for a new graphics card (NVidia 2070 Super) installed in early December 2019. I am mostly using my computer for stock market trading,...
  6. What do you think of the hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do you think of the hardware?: HI! I started this thread is this a good deal - Windows 10 Forums but I think it is here better First what do you think of the harsware I got this laptop MSI GT83VR 7RF-206 Titan SLI - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews with the price 2800$ is this a good price for this...
  7. What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about ZHPCleaner?: ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for having a different opinion. It seems to do a more thorough registry search than the others. Sometimes it points out leftover...
  8. What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?

What Apps do you think Windows 10 should have?: The main 3 apps that I use on my phone are the Facebook app, Facebook Messenger app, Facebook Pages Manager app, and the Instagram app. I think Windows 10 should come with at least the Facebook Messenger app. What do you all think, and what apps would you all like to see in...
  9. What do you guys think of installable desktops for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What do you guys think of installable desktops for windows 10?: What do you guys think of installable desktops for windows 10? Do you think Microsoft would ever do that? 4960
  10. Do you think Ms Reads these Forums -- would be a good idea

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you think Ms Reads these Forums -- would be a good idea: Hi there I wonder if Ms reads these forums at all - it surely would be a good idea since on the whole people are fairly knowlegeable and do some quite rigorous testing. I'm sure Ms would get better feedback from the Forums than going through NINE QUADRILLION replies via...