Windows 10: What do you think, will MS fix the Windows Spotlight feature in the new version?

Discus and support What do you think, will MS fix the Windows Spotlight feature in the new version? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The feature only intermittently worked for me, now defaulting to the mountain lake image for a couple of years. submitted by /u/x69pr [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/x69pr, May 27, 2020.

1. /u/x69pr Win User

What do you think, will MS fix the Windows Spotlight feature in the new version?

The feature only intermittently worked for me, now defaulting to the mountain lake image for a couple of years.

submitted by /u/x69pr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/x69pr, May 27, 2020

2. Windows Spotlight

Hi Lukas,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following:

• What is the current build and version of Windows do you have?
    • Can you tell me the troubleshooting steps you have done?
    • Have you encountered any error messages?

Janeane Cru, May 28, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 28, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

What do you think, will MS fix the Windows Spotlight feature in the new version?

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. What do you think, will MS fix the Windows Spotlight feature in the new version? - Similar Threads - fix Spotlight feature

2. What do you think is wrong with my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think is wrong with my Laptop: So it all starts about 2 months ago. Bought my self a used Clevo W170HN with Windows 10 Pro 19044 not Activated.Here are the specs : Intel i5 2540M 8GB ram 1600mhz ddr3 1TB HDD TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 Nvidia GT 540M 1GB vramHere are some of the issues: 1.On the Display you can see...
  3. What do you think of these recommended apps?

What do you think of these recommended apps?: I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for reactions. As is typical for the internet, not everyone agrees. Below is the current state of the list. Do you have any experience...
  4. What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?

What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?: Guys,Ever since Windows 8.1, many users have been petitioning Microsoft to update WordPad for Windows 10 to give it a new look and feel. It would have a spellchecker, and a Dark Theme Mode. I went online, and a program developer for Windows 10 created this added image. I...
  5. What are you doing, MS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are you doing, MS?: When I turned on my computer this morning, everything was messy. Video won't start, audio not working, some apps not working, restart not working and etc. Everything was perfect until last night. Everything just happened overnight. I noticed an update notification. I don't...
  6. So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all)

in Browsers and Email
    So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all): Greetings, I've been playing with the new Edge. Available for all via download -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge I have a low end Mini PC (Pentium) and any performance improvements with the browser will DEFINITELY be noticed. (Firefox takes 15 seconds to load 4 tabs...
  7. How to fix Windows Spotlight Feature

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to fix Windows Spotlight Feature: Hi I have been facing a problem with my windows spotlight features lately. The wallpaper on my Windows 10 Home OS does not change and is stuck on the same wallpaper for quite some time now. when I checked the directory where all those wallpapers are stored I find some type...
  8. What do you think of the hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do you think of the hardware?: HI! I started this thread is this a good deal - Windows 10 Forums but I think it is here better First what do you think of the harsware I got this laptop MSI GT83VR 7RF-206 Titan SLI - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews with the price 2800$ is this a good price for this...
  9. What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about ZHPCleaner?: ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for having a different opinion. It seems to do a more thorough registry search than the others. Sometimes it points out leftover...
  10. What do you think will happen when the final version is released?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do you think will happen when the final version is released?: I have read most of all the threads here and just wondered when the final version is ready to release and I say yes to the update to my desktop PC what will it do? I know it will use my previous Windows Prod ID to install but wondered if it really will be like a fresh...