Windows 10: What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without...

Discus and support What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without overwriting the original document? * Moved from Education *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ldgardin24), Nov 2, 2019.

1. What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without...

What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without overwriting the original document?

* Moved from Education

* Original title: Word

:)

ldgardin24), Nov 2, 2019
  2. jmalais Win User

Altering the Documents Directory Changes the Folder Name

I set up my Documents folder location to use the D drive on my computer and now it is stuck with the folder name D:/ - however when I go into properties it says that it is Documents. How can I get it to change the folder name back to Documents?

Edit:
    Steps I took were...

1. RMB Documents (in sidebar under Quick Access)
    2. Location - Move/Change to D:/
    3. Save

Now by default any documents saved to the Documents folder will be saved to the drive D:/ (Documents) rather than in the C:/Users/

Here's a screenshot (on Windows 10).

What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without... 9w9wS.jpg

jmalais, Nov 2, 2019
  3. My Documents 'location' name annoyingly changes

When I change the location of 'My Documents' to a UNC path (or mapped drive) the name of the folder changes to match the UNC path or mapped drive name. Is there anyway to have it still be called 'My Documents' but the location be a mapped drive etc? If
    one changes the location to somewhere local on the PC this issue doesn't happen.

StephenCWLL, Nov 2, 2019
  4. What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without...

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without...

1. What do you use to change the location of a document and keep the original name without... - Similar Threads - change location document

2. How do you change the User Name used to access a networked computer. Not the PC name the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the User Name used to access a networked computer. Not the PC name the...: Hi,I do find this confusing,I have a have laptop called "Samsung"when I try to log into it, it is found under "\\Samsung"CredentialsSamsungPWdoes not work.Using Ctrl Alt Del I can see that this laptop User is "Kitchen" can't ever remember setting this but means to access the...
  3. Unable to change Documents Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change Documents Location: My Documents folder is currently mapped to a network attached storage drive that has been decommissioned. When I select Properties on the Documents folder and choose the Locations tab, I am unable to edit the path in the text field. In addition, the Restore Default, Move...
  4. Documents folder name change

Documents folder name change: I accidently changed the name of the Documents folder to D: trying to redirect its location to my D:Data drive. Does anyone know how I can change it back to Documents?...
  5. How do you change your name???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change your name???: Hiw do you change you name?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-your-name/9616f675-3426-4c98-8e5d-07419187e848
  6. How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?

How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?: When I open File Explorer, under This PC I have the following: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos. I'm trying to change the locations Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos from my bootup drive to a data drive. I've managed this for...
  7. What do you use as antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you use as antivirus?: Im using Windows Defender as full antivirus and Malwarebytes (Free version) So far. I've never had viruses malware on my computers. I started doing this 2016-2017. Are paid antivirus products not worth it now? Back then i used to use Bitdefender and it was pretty good. It...
  8. Changing Documents location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Documents location: Following Microsoft instructions, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310746/configuration-of-the-my-documents-folder, last updated in April of 2017 and then looking at their instructions on how you can actually still do this in a new 2019 instruction piece,...
  9. Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???: Greetings! I tried to search for posts on my issue but all that comes up is advice on how to move your Documents folder. I already did that. I changed my location from my SSD C:\ drive to my data drive E:\. Everything seemed fine until today when I navigated to the E: drive...
  10. how do i change the location of 'documents'?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i change the location of 'documents'?: Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC' has been changed to the onedrive equivalent. I've tried turning off onedrive by changing my group policy, but it turned out...