Windows 10: What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings...

Discus and support What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Or does it only sync where it says it will? submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trobot2, Oct 19, 2020.

1. What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings...

Or does it only sync where it says it will?

submitted by /u/trobot2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trobot2, Oct 19, 2020

2. Sync My Settings Not Syncing

I had a problem previously related to my sync setting being greyed out. Now i have my 2 pcs logged in with a online Microsoft account, all the sync settings are turned on with both pc's. Still it does not seem to be syncing. Any suggestions guys?

revelator1969, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Hi All,
    I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my personal settings from the cloud.
    However, Today I noticed that in the Edge browser under settings the option to sync your favourites/reading lists/top sites and other settings across windows devices is enabled (not turned off) even though Sync your settings is turned off in Account/Sync Your settings. Does that mean that my favourites/reading lists etc will not have been deleted when I deleted my personal settings from the cloud yesterday i.e they will have immediately synced back to my Microsoft Account? As I described above Sync your settings in Accounts was (and still is) turned off before I deleted the personal settings from the cloud. I haven't turned Syncing back on in my Account settings yet at all.
    Does the On toggle in Edge settings work independently for Syncing Favourites or does it only work if Accounts/Sync Your Settings is turned on first ?

sportsfan148, Oct 19, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings...

Microsoft Account and Syncing

Not sure what else to suggest but since you mentioned it, try variations of the sync settings on your W8.1 phone. It is just possible that this is causing some confusion with your Microsoft account and the W10 settings.

philc43, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings...

1. What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings... - Similar Threads - does microsoft account

2. Syncing Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing Settings: Hi All, Is it possible to transfer settings across accounts on the same PC? This is a family account that is corrupted and I kind of wanted to switch to a local account to get rid of the problem...
  3. Syncing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Syncing Settings: Hi All, Is it possible to transfer settings across accounts in the same PC? THis is a family account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-settings/1b84cf76-8d89-400f-8a4a-8914db6aeea7
  4. Syncing settings

Syncing settings: I got a new laptop for work and in setting it up synced the settings from my personal microsoft account I use on my PC at home. Instead of taking all my personal PC settings to the laptop it took the laptop settings to my PC. How do I undo and reverse this? Thank...
  5. Sync Settings

Sync Settings: Hi everyone, I have questions about what kind of app data is synchronized with the Sync Settings function in my windows PC. Does Sync Settings send app data from the hidden AppData folder in my PC (Local, Local low, and Roaming folders) to OneDrive? Does it send settings...
  6. sync settings

sync settings: I am running windows 10 and i am supposedly the administrator of this pc when i go to settings and my sync options i get a message that i can not change these settings because they are hidden or managed by my organization what is this...
  7. Sync Settings

Sync Settings: What does this mean when I am wanting to Sync my settings "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"?? How do I get rid of this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-settings/ec8a40c1-2ef7-4dce-a71f-fc49733aaf22
  8. settings sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    settings sync: ok so my sync windows settings in on in win 10 and I have signed into Microsoft account in windows. if I reinstall windows how do I restore all my settings...
  9. Sync settings annoyance! What are the sync'd settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync settings annoyance! What are the sync'd settings?: In another post today in another area, I've mentioned that I've re-installed Windows 10 on my desktop PC. I would log in to that installation with the same Microsoft Account as I would my laptop (which I am using now) I have always turned off the following settings on my...
  10. Sync settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sync settings: Hello Guys, Could anyone tell me how often windows 10 syncs setting to OneDrive, to get to it I logged into my Microsoft account/OneDrive/Settings (gear wheel top right of IE window) then device backup's in left menu. I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed that...