Windows 10: What does a red circle with an x mean

Discus and support What does a red circle with an x mean in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am showing a red circle with an x inside on some files and do not know what that means. I tried adding a screen shot but it could not be added to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HermanJakubowski1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. What does a red circle with an x mean

I am showing a red circle with an x inside on some files and do not know what that means. I tried adding a screen shot but it could not be added to this post

Herman

:)

HermanJakubowski1, Jul 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 red circle with white x

In Windows 10, on my files in One Drive there is a red circle with a white x in it. What does that mean?

Judy from Oakland, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Red circle with a x in it on my Documents icon?

Red circle with a x in it on my Documents icon? what does this mean and how can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Belinda

BelindaJackson2, Jul 16, 2020
  4. lbeck Win User

What does a red circle with an x mean

what does red x mean in file explorer?

I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the symbols remain. Also, trying to access some files that I thought were saved are missing. Maybe I didn't actually save them or maybe there's another problem like trying to save to an "X"d folder.

What do these troubling symbols mean and how can I return to a clean File Explorer?

ADDED LATER:

Still looking for a solution I found here that the problem may be related to MSFT One Drive, which I was working with when the problem surfaced. As far as I can tell from the help, the "sync" operation is working. One Drive works okay on my desktop machine and no red x has ever shown previously or now.

Then, I see that the avast antivirus program may use a red x? see the screen capture. but Avast says no threats. Also, McAfee came preloaded on this new laptop and I'm unfamiliar with it's notifications and maybe the red x means that Avast is not working because McAfee is??

just some more clues.....

What does a red circle with an x mean [​IMG]

lbeck, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

What does a red circle with an x mean

1. What does a red circle with an x mean - Similar Threads - does red circle

2. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  3. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  4. What does the ! with the circle mean?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What does the ! with the circle mean?: I cant open microsoft store or download stuff aswell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-with-the-circle-mean/8e732f39-59fc-4778-9405-526be2cc8489
  5. What does the ! with the circle mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the ! with the circle mean?: I cant open microsoft store or download stuff aswell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-with-the-circle-mean/8e732f39-59fc-4778-9405-526be2cc8489
  6. What does the ! with the circle mean?

7. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this red X mean?: I just did a Clean Install and restored some files and folders from my data drive. This is first time I've ever seen these red Xs and don't know what they indicate. I also see them in File Explorer. Thank you. 165396
  8. what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?

what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?: the Outlook icon on my taskbar has a red X on it. It didn't have it yesterday and the outlook app appears to be working ok. Can anyone explain what the red X means? TIA...
  9. What do the tiny red "X" circles mean in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do the tiny red "X" circles mean in OneDrive: Do the tiny red "Xs" mean that there's a OneDrive problem or what? When I click on the OneDrive icon, I don't see any problems with Pictures. I'm on a Windows 10 1809 desktop PC. [ATTACH]...
  10. what does red x mean in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    what does red x mean in file explorer?: I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the...