Windows 10: What does "alternate select" mouse cursor

Discus and support What does "alternate select" mouse cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed some custom mouse pointers, and I was curious about the "alternate select." My assumption was that it moves the cursor out of the way or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeafyLief, Apr 21, 2020.

1. LeafyLief Win User

What does "alternate select" mouse cursor

I installed some custom mouse pointers, and I was curious about the "alternate select." My assumption was that it moves the cursor out of the way or flips the graphic to the left of the cursor instead of the right so you can see the text you're pointing at better.

But I can't find a way to activate this. Is there anyway to hotkey "alternate select" cursor?

:)

LeafyLief, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Apr 21, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Apr 21, 2020
  4. What does "alternate select" mouse cursor

Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

What does "alternate select" mouse cursor

1. What does "alternate select" mouse cursor - Similar Threads - does alternate select

2. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  3. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  4. mouse cursor prevents me to select certain icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse cursor prevents me to select certain icons on taskbar: hi,when i try select some icons on my taskbar, my mouse wheel starts rotating in a circle, it is ok to select the first four icons on the taskbar from the right, and the start button on win 11, but the mouse cursor starts rotating like a wheel when i try to select other...
  5. mouse cursor prevents me to select certain icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse cursor prevents me to select certain icons on taskbar: hi,when i try select some icons on my taskbar, my mouse wheel starts rotating in a circle, it is ok to select the first four icons on the taskbar from the right, and the start button on win 11, but the mouse cursor starts rotating like a wheel when i try to select other...
  6. mouse cursor selection box

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse cursor selection box: HelloIt's been a few weeks my mouse cursor selection box In the form of the photo below Can you help me get back to normal?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-selection-box/56383ae0-6644-44fe-845c-8ff48db90233
  7. In mouse keys what does select both do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In mouse keys what does select both do?: For me it just does the right click submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6zk71/in_mouse_keys_what_does_select_both_do/
  8. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?: My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting Win 10 fixed the problem, but it shouldn't be happening. I'm open to alternatives. MBAM does not leave me with a good...
  9. Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays: I have four monitors but I don't use them all, all the time. It's annoying to lose the mouse cursor to a monitor which is turned off so I'd like to be able to restrict the mouse to the monitors which are in use. There are plenty of solutions to restrict the mouse cursor to...
  10. desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor: I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons. The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor. 9bwq07tNFyc When I click, the icon with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The alternate select pointer is used to

2. Function of alternate select mouse pointer