Windows 10: What does "application folder" mean in this post?

Discus and support What does "application folder" mean in this post? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/where-is-the-skype-app-located-on-windows-10-pc/a14faf3b-a470-43ae-9db2-cd4739842a29Ruwim.B says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PichuWong, Feb 4, 2023.

1. PichuWong Win User

What does "application folder" mean in this post?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/where-is-the-skype-app-located-on-windows-10-pc/a14faf3b-a470-43ae-9db2-cd4739842a29Ruwim.B says "Microsoft Skype for Windows 10 Skype UWP is an intrinsic Windows App, and as such, cannot be activated from the application folder."To my interpretation of the sentence, he means to say that UWP programs can not be opened from application folder.But I do not understand what application folder is. Can someone tell me plz.

:)

PichuWong, Feb 4, 2023

2. Application not appearing anywhere on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• How did you downloaded the application is it through windows store or browser?
    I would suggest you to check in downloads folder in the file explorer.

Follow the below steps.

• Press windows key + E.
    • Click on the This PC.
    • Select the download folder & check if application is downloaded.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 4, 2023
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. What does "application folder" mean in this post? - Similar Threads - does application folder

2. What does this mean Server Error in '/' Application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this mean Server Error in '/' Application.: How do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-server-error-in-application/ed7c0262-83aa-49bf-bfa5-f2e768cf3cfa
  3. What does this mean Server Error in '/' Application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this mean Server Error in '/' Application.: How do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-server-error-in-application/ed7c0262-83aa-49bf-bfa5-f2e768cf3cfa
  4. What does "application folder" mean in this post?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does "application folder" mean in this post?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/where-is-the-skype-app-located-on-windows-10-pc/a14faf3b-a470-43ae-9db2-cd4739842a29Ruwim.B says "Microsoft Skype for Windows 10 Skype UWP is an intrinsic Windows App, and as such, cannot be activated from the application...
  5. What does "application folder" mean in this post?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does "application folder" mean in this post?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/where-is-the-skype-app-located-on-windows-10-pc/a14faf3b-a470-43ae-9db2-cd4739842a29Ruwim.B says "Microsoft Skype for Windows 10 Skype UWP is an intrinsic Windows App, and as such, cannot be activated from the application...
  6. What does this folder icon mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this folder icon mean?: In a sub-subfolder of MyDocuments, one of the folders has this icon: [ATTACH] All other folders look similar to this: [ATTACH] It's unlikely to be a real problem, but each time I see the folder list, I have a nagging feeling. Is there something wrong. Does Windows want...
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  8. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. What does it mean "Stablish as icon application"?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does it mean "Stablish as icon application"?: Greetings guys... Whenever I open Photos app from Windows 10, then right clicking on a picture it does show the option " Stablish as icon application ". It may differ a little bit since I do not have the OS as english language but when I selected such option nothing did...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430