Windows 10: What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?

Discus and support What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm thinking of encrypting my "C:\" SSD on my laptop so if its stolen no one could get on my files. But whenever I search how BitLocker works, ppl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GFollower, Nov 7, 2019.

1. What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?

So I'm thinking of encrypting my "C:\" SSD on my laptop so if its stolen no one could get on my files. But whenever I search how BitLocker works, ppl always talk about the encryption and setup process, but I want to know if I have a password on my Windows User Account and I log out, will everything be decrypted? So will Bitlocker only encrypt if I log in and decrypt if I log out?

submitted by /u/GFollower
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GFollower, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?

1. What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do? - Similar Threads - does bitlocker ACTUALLY

2. What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do?: In win10 you can enbale a so called "ultimate performance power plan" using terminal, it says it uses all available resources, Im looking for an explaination of what it actually does in detail if someone has found it, and how it is different from the default "high...
  3. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?: I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of...
  4. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?: I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of...
  5. what does MsMpEng.exe actually do???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what does MsMpEng.exe actually do???: All, I'm looking at some horrendous performance issues with our Windows 10 environment. Whilst the estate is old and low on resources in a lot of cases I don't think Windows 10 is helping matters. I'm using the usual tools (procmon, perfmon, task manager)to try and get to...
  6. whats virtualization and what does it do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    whats virtualization and what does it do?: hi I just enabled virtualization in my bios settings for my notebook because I was experimenting with a feature I was aware the pc had but never used it,but core isolation settings in windows security says its can't be enabled because something might be incompatable,i...
  7. What is VPN & what does it do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is VPN & what does it do: I want to know what VPN is & what it does. Does it slow down the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-vpn-what-does-it-do/02c457a5-404a-4127-9626-b65a9072c093
  8. What does BitLocker encrypt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does BitLocker encrypt?: Does BitLocker just encrypt your hard-drive, or does it also encrypt network traffic like your inbound and outbound emails? 94507
  9. What does Pin To Start actually do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does Pin To Start actually do?: Fresh installation of Windows 10. When I right click an app in the Start Menu (All apps) and select Pin to Start, nothing happens. Nothing about the Start Menu changes. I have multiple Pins but I see no change in the Start Menu. Note that Pin to Taskbar does work....
  10. what does the battery saver actually do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what does the battery saver actually do?: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly. Does it disable the auto update of programs? Does it make some apps and stuff not work? 28788