Windows 10: What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do?

Discus and support What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was working on Visual Studio Code and used that key combination to build my script while listening music at the same time. Then I realized that when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emir ÖGE, May 22, 2019.

1. Emir ÖGE Win User

What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do?

I was working on Visual Studio Code and used that key combination to build my script while listening music at the same time. Then I realized that when I use this combination it reduces my speaker volume. No matter what programs are open or closed, it changes my volume level. Does anyone know what could be the reason? It is too annoying that whenever I build my project my music volume changes (and I also am curious about what is happening).

:)

Emir ÖGE, May 22, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 22, 2019
  3. illaccc Win User
    Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

Hi There!

Greetings!!

Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or Alt+<key>

Laptop: HP elitebook 8440p
    Processor: Intel core i5
    Graphic: Intel

Appreciate any help in this matter

Thank you

illaccc, May 22, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do? - Similar Threads - does ctrl alt+

2. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  3. Left ctrl key combined with windows keybind.

Left ctrl key combined with windows keybind.: Ever since I got a new keyboard, my left ctrl was mixed with windows, I had to hold shift if I ever had to use it, and its been annoying for quite a while. I've tried almost every solution like plugging the keyboard out then back in, troubleshooting, deleting keyboard...
  4. Alt Key not working, what can I do to fix. Does not work in any context, including ctrl alt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt Key not working, what can I do to fix. Does not work in any context, including ctrl alt...: Ever since I got my laptop, my alt key hasn't been working, but it has started to become a larger issue now that I have begun to use photoshop more often. My on-screen keyboard doesn't show it when the key is pressed, and I am unsure if it is a hardware issue, or I...
  5. Alt Key not working, what can I do to fix. Does not work in any context, including ctrl alt...

Alt Key not working, what can I do to fix. Does not work in any context, including ctrl alt...: Ever since I got my laptop, my alt key hasn't been working, but it has started to become a larger issue now that I have begun to use photoshop more often. My on-screen keyboard doesn't show it when the key is pressed, and I am unsure if it is a hardware issue, or I...
  6. Alt Key not working, what can I do to fix. Does not work in any context, including ctrl alt...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  8. Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working

Ctrl,shift and alt keys are working with number pad but window key combination not working: I have attached external keyboard from Lenovo to DELL laptop with 64bit win10. When I tried to use Ctrl,shift and alt keys with number combination from number pad, its working but with windows key combination the numbers from num pad is not working. I have to use the numbers...
  9. Audio volume changes when used Ctrl + Alt + B key combination

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio volume changes when used Ctrl + Alt + B key combination: I was working on Visual Studio Code and used that key combination to build my script while listening music at the same time. Then I realized that when I use this combination it reduces my speaker volume. No matter what programs are open or closed, it changes my volume level....
  10. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does ctrl alt b do

2. ctrl alt b key combination windows 10