Windows 10: What does Device Installation Request mean in Windows 10 Device Manager Bluetooth...

Discus and support What does Device Installation Request mean in Windows 10 Device Manager Bluetooth... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I went into Device Manager Bluetooth and opened Events "tab" and it show "5-3-2019 Device Install Requested. ...I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TERRYMOLONEY99, Jul 18, 2019.

1. What does Device Installation Request mean in Windows 10 Device Manager Bluetooth...

In Windows 10, I went into Device Manager Bluetooth and opened Events "tab" and it show "5-3-2019 Device Install Requested.

...I bought my laptop long before 5-3-2019, with Bluetooth in the laptop ...AND did Not request any Device Installation on 5-3-2019.

Does anyone know what the Event-Log means, by "Device Install Requested"???

...When Microsoft automatically updates or modifies software on a computer ... does "Microsoft" place a note in the-Events log that" Device Install" was requested???

Or could something or someone else have requested a new Device Install on my laptop, on 5-3-2019???

:)

TERRYMOLONEY99, Jul 18, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 18, 2019
  4. titan5800 Win User

What does Device Installation Request mean in Windows 10 Device Manager Bluetooth...

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

What does Device Installation Request mean in Windows 10 Device Manager Bluetooth...

1. What does Device Installation Request mean in Windows 10 Device Manager Bluetooth... - Similar Threads - does Device Installation

2. What is the meaning of the below two icons in Bluetooth devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the meaning of the below two icons in Bluetooth devices.: When I search for nearby devices I noticed two different icons, I want to know what is the difference between the two, Is one for PC and other for a mobile?...
  3. What is the meaning of the below two icons in Bluetooth devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the meaning of the below two icons in Bluetooth devices.: When I search for nearby devices I noticed two different icons, I want to know what is the difference between the two, Is one for PC and other for a mobile?...
  4. What does "uninstall device" do in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does "uninstall device" do in Device Manager?: For a storage drive plugged into a USB port, what does uninstalling it do- it doesn't erase anything on the drive, does it? Then there is the "disable device" option too. Before trying these I want to make sure of what will happen after clicking on either of these options. I...
  5. What does "uninstall device" do in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does "uninstall device" do in Device Manager?: For a storage drive plugged into a USB port, what does uninstalling it do- it doesn't erase anything on the drive, does it? Then there is the "disable device" option too. Before trying these I want to make sure of what will happen after clicking on either of these options. I...
  6. What does "uninstall device" do in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth does not show in device manager

Bluetooth does not show in device manager: I noticed a lot of Windows 10 users having problems with the Bluetooth service not showing in device manager after an update. I had the same problem and followed instructions from an advisor [device manager<view<show hidden devices<bluetooth<uninstall Bluetooth Device RFCOMM...
  8. Bluetooth not in device manager

Bluetooth not in device manager: I am currently trying to connect bluetooth headphones to my computer. when i click add bluetooth or other device it says i have to turn bluetooth on but that is not an option in my settings. I tried troubleshooting bluetooth and it came back saying that bluetooth is not...
  9. What does 'sending request to facebook.com' mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does 'sending request to facebook.com' mean?: When I open a link to a page or software (such as my bank's login page), once in a while I catch a glimpse of this phrase (see picture) at the bottom left of my taskbar. What does it mean, and why in the world would facebook need to know anything about my bank login? It...
  10. no bluetooth in device manager

no bluetooth in device manager: i have acer aspire 4750G with intel core i5. when i upgraded to windows 10, it didn't trace bluetooth device in device manager. 34462

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bluetooth install requested