Windows 10: what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup.

Discus and support what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup? will this delete my downloaded files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohd MudassirAnsari, Apr 20, 2019.

1. what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup.

what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup?

will this delete my downloaded files.

:)

Mohd MudassirAnsari, Apr 20, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 20, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Apr 20, 2019
  4. what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup.

Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup.

1. what does it mean downloaded files in disk cleanup. - Similar Threads - does mean downloaded

2. Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.: Hi. I am using Windows 10 and trying to liberate disk space. When using the disk cleanup app and giving the ok to clean, it erases 5 GB from the total 100 GB to clean; I need to re-open and run it repeatedly to erase 5GB at a time. Do you know why disk cleanup doesn't erase...
  3. Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.: Hi. I am using Windows 10 and trying to liberate disk space. When using the disk cleanup app and giving the ok to clean, it erases 5 GB from the total 100 GB to clean; I need to re-open and run it repeatedly to erase 5GB at a time. Do you know why disk cleanup doesn't erase...
  4. what does this dump file mean?

what does this dump file mean?: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1778 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\alaia\OneDrive\Desktop\MEMORY.DMP] Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be...
  5. What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...: What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path that it deletes can someone please tell me what files/ folder path does this action clean up just the windows update Cleanup thanks in advance...
  6. What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...: What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path that it deletes can someone please tell me what files/ folder path does this action clean up just the windows update Cleanup thanks in advance...
  7. What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...

8. Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup: Dear all, Is that any possible way to recover the document that located on the download folder. I clean it during the disk cleanup. It was suck when I update to the latest version of the windows. Why put the "download" folder into the disk cleanup I have try baseus,...
  9. What does "delivery optimization files" cleanup actually cleans in disk cleanup tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does "delivery optimization files" cleanup actually cleans in disk cleanup tool?: Hi, What does the option "delivery optimization files" in disk cleanup tool clean? On Win10 RS3 i could see Delivery Optimization files are created @ C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DeliveryOptimization and logs @ C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Logs\dovsc but these...
  10. Check Disk - What does this mean please?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Check Disk - What does this mean please?: Windows 10 pro - C Drive SSD. Chkdsk gives this result: The allocated length 0x10e6000 is not in multiple of 0x10000 for attribute of type 0x80 and instance tag 0x3. The allocated length 0x158000 is not in multiple of 0x10000 for attribute of type 0x80 and instance tag...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk cleanup downloaded files

2. what are downloaded files on disk cleanup

3. what are downloaded program files in disk cleanup

4. download delete in disk clean up meaning,
  5. what are downloaded program files and can I do cleanup disk,
  6. disk cleanup safe to delete downloaded file,
  7. is safe delete downloaded files with disk cleanup,
  8. downloaded files disk cleanup,
  9. change list of folders in disk cleanup,
  10. what does disk cleanup delete,
  11. what is downloaded files on disk cleanup,