Windows 10: what does it mean if my pc is taking random screenshots?

Discus and support what does it mean if my pc is taking random screenshots? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so. this all happened when I installed OBS. im the type of person who uses multiple antiviruses. I use Avast, mcaffe and Malwarebytes. I noticed that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by papperboy3498, Jan 21, 2019.

1. what does it mean if my pc is taking random screenshots?

so. this all happened when I installed OBS. im the type of person who uses multiple antiviruses. I use Avast, mcaffe and Malwarebytes. I noticed that OneDrive asked me if I wanted to save screenshots. I clicked on sure and there. more screenshots started appearing. should I be warned of this?

:)

papperboy3498, Jan 21, 2019

2. Fraps takes random desktop screenshots

are you the only one who use's your PC?

you sure someone hasnt installed some sort of keylogger? (some will also take screenshots)

of course if its only you who touches the PC then that situation is very unlikely, as they would email the pictures straight away and not store them on your PC.

but you did say its only when fraps is running so thats is more likely.

do you have any other hotkeys set for taking screenshots?

slyfox2151, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Taking screenshot at windows 10

We found some steps to resolve this issue, in which, we need to edit few things on the registry. Kindly follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type Regedt32.exe and click
      OK.
    • Navigate to the location listed below:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    • In the right side, look for ScreenshotIndex, with the key type
      DWORD (REG_DWORD). If you do not see this item on this location, then this is the reason why your screenshot is not being saved under Screenshot Folders. With this being said, you need to create a new registry key. Follow the steps provided
      below:
      • Do a right-click > New > DWORD Value. Make sure to name it as ScreenshotIndex.
      • Double-click on the newly made registry key and edit the values as follows:
        • Base - Decimal
        • Value data - 695
      • Click OK.
    • Now we need to make sure that this newly created registry key DWORD is pointed out to your user profile settings. We need to move to a different location in the left side. Kindly navigate to the location provided below in the left panel:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • On this location, look for the item named {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} with the key type
      expandable string (REG_EXPAND_SZ). If you don't see it, you can create a new key, same as the process we have created with ScreenshotIndex. Just make sure that you select expandable string.
    • Double-click on the registry key, make sure that the Value data is in the correct user path. Check the example below:
      • %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Screenshots
    • Click OK.

After doing the steps provided, you can close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer. After restarting your computer, you can start doing a screenshot and it should be saved to the folder you have set in the registry keys. If they are already in there,
    then this means that the issue is resolved.

Please note that the steps that I have listed on this response was made from one of the 3rd party articles created by one of our renowned Community MVPs named

Kapil Arya MVP

Please let us know if this solution works for you.

Nick Dich, Jan 21, 2019
  4. what does it mean if my pc is taking random screenshots?

Fraps takes random desktop screenshots

For some reason, my Fraps takes random screenshots. For example when I'm typing a word document or browsing the internet, often I will find screenshots of what I was doing in my designated screenshots folder. Oddly, if I were to press my screencap key directly when Fraps is running, screenshots don't get placed in that folder. Even more odd is that the screenshots are taken in Jpeg format, yet I'm not a registered user of Fraps and can only use BMP. These occurences only happen when Fraps is on, so I'm fairly certain that that is what causes it.

I've tried uninstalling/installing, which didn't work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to think Fraps is spying on my computer lol.

runevirage, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

what does it mean if my pc is taking random screenshots?

1. what does it mean if my pc is taking random screenshots? - Similar Threads - does mean taking

2. what does this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this mean?: this is one of my crash reports It's italian:OrigineWindowsRiepilogoErrore hardwareData‎06/‎02/‎2023 23:44StatoSegnalazione non inviataDescrizioneSi è verificato un problema dell'hardware che impedisce il corretto funzionamento di Windows.Firma del problemaNome evento...
  3. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  4. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/toyfreddym8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8teez/what_does_this_mean/
  5. What does that mean?

What does that mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j62iz0/what_does_that_mean/
  6. What does this mean?

What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  8. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. What is this and with what does it take screenshots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this and with what does it take screenshots?: https://snag.gy/K9i6W0.jpg In the context menu is Screenshot. I really like it, it's able to capture a frame of an app. I want to know more about it. Does it use another app? Is there a shortcut for using this? Is frames the correct term for what it outlines in an app?...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random screenshots on wuick acess windows

2. random screen shots on my pc