Windows 10: What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on...

Discus and support What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to figure out what does it mean if you don't meant a system requirements and you don't to get all updates on windows 11 if you don't meant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sean Dylan Valencia, Mar 16, 2022.

1. What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on...

I was trying to figure out what does it mean if you don't meant a system requirements and you don't to get all updates on windows 11 if you don't meant this is the requirements because i see some people seeing a video about it anyone know the truth

:)

Sean Dylan Valencia, Mar 16, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Mar 16, 2022
  3. Jorge Win User
    Microsoft to Roll Out Four Security Updates Next Week

So that's (4) down and 40 Billion more security updates to go before any Microsucks O/S will be even remotely secure. I'd suggest Bill get off his arse and get the first Billion security fixes out this year.

Jorge, Mar 16, 2022
  4. What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on...

how to only install security/critical updates on windows 10

If you're on Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education,

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Scroll Down and click on Advanced options.
    • Tick the checkbox that says Defer Updates.

This prevents Windows from downloading feature updates and only critical security updates are installed.

You won't have a problem with Windows reinstalling bloatware and changing your security settings once you install the Creator's update as Windows will respect your choices.

Don't Root here plz..., Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on...

1. What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on... - Similar Threads - does mean don't

2. What is "Windows Intelligence Update"? I don't mean "Security Intelligence Update"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Windows Intelligence Update"? I don't mean "Security Intelligence Update": There is an update called "Windows Intelligence Update" in Update history under "Other Updates" category. My Update History shows the first installation on 2/1/2023. Curiously, there is no "Learn More" link next to these updates. As far as I can tell, all updates under...
  3. What is "Windows Intelligence Update"? I don't mean "Security Intelligence Update"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "Windows Intelligence Update"? I don't mean "Security Intelligence Update": There is an update called "Windows Intelligence Update" in Update history under "Other Updates" category. My Update History shows the first installation on 2/1/2023. Curiously, there is no "Learn More" link next to these updates. As far as I can tell, all updates under...
  4. What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does it mean if you don't get critical or security updates and future updates on...: I was trying to figure out what does it mean if you don't meant a system requirements and you don't to get all updates on windows 11 if you don't meant this is the requirements because i see some people seeing a video about it anyone know the truth...
  5. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  6. Windows Update Expired – What does it mean?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Expired – What does it mean?: [ATTACH]In this post, we are going to talk about the new Windows Update Expiration Policy. Updates are essential for any Windows system to get the best out of your PCs. These different types of Windows Updates enhance the overall performance of the system with up-to-date...
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  8. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  9. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430