Windows 10: What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

Discus and support What does it mean to "Point to Programs?" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In looking for help for Notepad, I'm offered a list of common questions. One of them is "How do I use Notepad to create an XML document?" When I select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobHendricks1, Dec 2, 2021.

1. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

In looking for help for Notepad, I'm offered a list of common questions. One of them is "How do I use Notepad to create an XML document?" When I select that, it tells me "To open XML Notepad, click Start, point to Programs, ..." What does that mean? I go to the start menu by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my screen, but I don't know what they mean by saying "point to Programs." Can someone please tell me? I'm looking to learn about the XML Notepad feature of Notepad. Thanks.

:)

BobHendricks1, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 2, 2021
  4. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

1. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?" - Similar Threads - does mean Point

2. What does the folder with the green arrow pointing up mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the folder with the green arrow pointing up mean?: This question was asked last year and answered but the thread is now locked so I'm asking the same question because the answer given doesn't make sense to me. I've recently bought a new laptop which came with Windows 11. Now I have this green arrow thing on almost all of my...
  3. What does the folder with the green arrow pointing up mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does the folder with the green arrow pointing up mean?: This question was asked last year and answered but the thread is now locked so I'm asking the same question because the answer given doesn't make sense to me. I've recently bought a new laptop which came with Windows 11. Now I have this green arrow thing on almost all of my...
  4. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  5. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does it mean to "Point to Programs?": In looking for help for Notepad, I'm offered a list of common questions. One of them is "How do I use Notepad to create an XML document?" When I select that, it tells me "To open XML Notepad, click Start, point to Programs, ..." What does that mean? I go to the start menu by...
  6. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does it mean to "Point to Programs?": In looking for help for Notepad, I'm offered a list of common questions. One of them is "How do I use Notepad to create an XML document?" When I select that, it tells me "To open XML Notepad, click Start, point to Programs, ..." What does that mean? I go to the start menu by...
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  8. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  9. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430