Windows 10: What does it mean when the blue bar under a program changes colors?

Discus and support What does it mean when the blue bar under a program changes colors? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Commonly you have a blue bar under your file. But I found with Notepad, I have a blue bar that changes colors. [img] edit - nevermind, while I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Jun 29, 2020.

1. ironfist Win User

What does it mean when the blue bar under a program changes colors?

Commonly you have a blue bar under your file.

But I found with Notepad, I have a blue bar that changes colors.
    What does it mean when the blue bar under a program changes colors? [​IMG]

edit - nevermind, while I selected it I saw that it's just more than one box behind them.

:)

ironfist, Jun 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

Hi Teroi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Which application’s or program’s scroll bar are you referring to?

• What was the exact steps that you used to change the size of scroll bar in your previous OS version?

The size of the scroll bar cannot be altered as it is inbuilt with the Windows Operating System.

I suggest you to share the details, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Under Settings & Features what does an unavailable app mean?

The Apps & Features list shows the applications you have installed on your system, both Windows Store app and desktop applications. By default the list is sorted by the size they occupy on the hard drive.

List also shows the date the app was last used:

In case of a Windows Store app showing size as Unavailable, it only means that you have not yet used that app since you upgraded to 10 like Mail and Calendar, Maps and Microsoft Solitaire in the below screenshot; as soon as I will use them, the Settings app can calculate their size. In case of a desktop applications Unavailable is also sometimes shown even when you have used the application but for one or another reason the Settings app cannot determine the size of the application. In screenshot below you can see Maxthon Browser, Microsoft Expression Encoder and Office 365 size as Unavailable although I use all of them on daily basis:

Short answer: Unavailable in this list simply means that the size the application is taking on your hard disk cannot be determined by the Settings app.

4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Blue Screen Of Death - Why does this one happen?

Hi,

A blue screen error or stop error usually means that the computer encountered some corruption. For us to isolate the issue, we need additional information:

• Did you perform any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the computer still able to go to the login screen or is it already stuck on the blue screen?

In the meantime, we suggest checking and following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It has information on why you've encounter this issue and it provide appropriate
    steps on how to fix it. Kindly choose the option based on when you've received the error.

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. What does it mean when the blue bar under a program changes colors? - Similar Threads - does mean blue

2. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does it mean to "Point to Programs?": In looking for help for Notepad, I'm offered a list of common questions. One of them is "How do I use Notepad to create an XML document?" When I select that, it tells me "To open XML Notepad, click Start, point to Programs, ..." What does that mean? I go to the start menu by...
  3. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does it mean to "Point to Programs?": In looking for help for Notepad, I'm offered a list of common questions. One of them is "How do I use Notepad to create an XML document?" When I select that, it tells me "To open XML Notepad, click Start, point to Programs, ..." What does that mean? I go to the start menu by...
  4. What does it mean to "Point to Programs?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What does the different color of start tiles mean, and how to change it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does the different color of start tiles mean, and how to change it?: Hello guys, I have a delicate question, how do I get rid of the different styles of these tiles? And what does it mean, exactly? I don't see any context. https://imgur.com/a/29taqrz submitted by /u/JacobCZ89 [link] [comments]...
  6. Change the light panel color (under Title Bar)?

Change the light panel color (under Title Bar)?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hq6cx0ahxq661.png?width=834&format=png&auto=webp&s=092ae3e6dfca706671c260aec4fe033292204880 Hello! Does anyone know how this part of the interface is called? (and how to change its color through the registry) I was able to change the...
  7. What does the two-color bar mean in taskbar?

What does the two-color bar mean in taskbar?: I know what the bar under an icon in the taskbar means running process. Sometimes it becomes a progress bar for example, during an installation procedure. However, I cannot figure out what a partially filled bar very similar to a progress bar represents. All of my apps in...
  8. What does it mean when this happens?

What does it mean when this happens?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ax1ul8hx6du51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=01c601ea67bc7752c4d0f9a80de204e4fef1d18c submitted by /u/MichaelGMNG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf50m2/what_does_it_mean_when_this_happens/
  9. Change color of little bar under taskbar icons

Change color of little bar under taskbar icons: Hello, I want to change the color of this: [ATTACH] can someone tell me how to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-color-of-little-bar-under-taskbar-icons/b16f279e-bcf0-4df4-92c6-415ccfae72f1
  10. Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar: Hello, I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of the open program, similar to how taskbar entries were colored in Windows 7. Is there a way to do this? I want to change the...