Windows 10: What does "Loudness Equalization" do and if I use it what should I set it's Release Time...

Discus and support What does "Loudness Equalization" do and if I use it what should I set it's Release Time... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Properties Enhancement tab says "Loudness Equalization uses understanding of human hearing to reduce perceived volume differences, can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RST20886432, Mar 23, 2021.

1. What does "Loudness Equalization" do and if I use it what should I set it's Release Time...

The Properties Enhancement tab says "Loudness Equalization uses understanding of human hearing to reduce perceived volume differences, can someone explain to me what this means exactly? I have tried using my headphones with and without it on and I just notice volume changes but I've never examined if it had any ill effects like music being played inaccurately and if I do enable it in the Loudness Equalization Settings it gives a scroll bar titled "Release Time" and it goes between long and short what does this release time setting mean? Sorry I know I must sound silly asking such a question.

And by the way, my Windows version is Windows Home 64-bit 10.0.19042 Build 19042 if that matters.

:)

RST20886432, Mar 23, 2021
  2. TJ King Win User

Windows 10 loudness equalization release time keeps resetting

I turn on loudness equalization and then go to settings change the release time to short and click okay/apply and then I checked the settings again and the release time has changed back to where it was before I changed it I can't figure out what keeps resetting it

TJ King, Mar 23, 2021
  3. How do I properly set up the 'Loudness Equalization

When I choose to enable loudness equalization it has a settings button that says "Release Time" and under it has a slider that says short - long. How do I know where to put the slider?

Kyle Brandtjen, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

What does "Loudness Equalization" do and if I use it what should I set it's Release Time...

Can't find loudness equalization

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get proper audio output levels on certain videos.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of file that you are playing. As you have mentioned that you are unable to find Loudness equalization, I would like to inform that certain audio devices and audio card does not provide the Audio Enhancements
    options.

However, you may want to have a look at the Sound Control panel, and see if Loudness Equalization Enhancement is available. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

What does "Loudness Equalization" do and if I use it what should I set it's Release Time... 4cab7dad-768d-4d38-813d-9d8c8528a573?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

We can try to use an alternate audio driver and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on Realtek Audio and select
      Update Driver.
    4. Select Browse my computer for Driver Software.
    5. In the next screen, select Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
    6. Check the box Show Compatible Hardware and select
      High Definition Audio Device.
    7. Click on Yes if you get any prompt.
    If you do not see any change, you can use Update Driver option and Search automatically to revert to Realtek driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

What does "Loudness Equalization" do and if I use it what should I set it's Release Time...

1. What does "Loudness Equalization" do and if I use it what should I set it's Release Time... - Similar Threads - does Loudness Equalization

2. Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?: Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization? Instead there is "graphic EQ" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-configure-release-time-loudness/61fb3363-47a7-4563-8432-88aa47d3e473
  3. Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?: Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization? Instead there is "graphic EQ" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-configure-release-time-loudness/61fb3363-47a7-4563-8432-88aa47d3e473
  4. Why is there no configure release time loudness equalization?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings does not opening in windows 10 , what should i do ?

Settings does not opening in windows 10 , what should i do ?: Settings app does not opening so tried it by opening through powershell app but still not opening the settings .It showing msg like :- start : This command cannot be run due to the error: The app didn't start. At line:1 char:1 + start ms-settings: + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +...
  6. Settings does not opening in windows 10 , what should i do ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings does not opening in windows 10 , what should i do ?: Settings app does not opening so tried it by opening through powershell app but still not opening the settings .It showing msg like :- start : This command cannot be run due to the error: The app didn't start. At line:1 char:1 + start ms-settings: + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +...
  7. View Poll Results: If you use Loudness Equalization what did you set its Release Time to?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: If you use Loudness Equalization what did you set its Release Time to?: The Propertie's Enhancement tab says "Loudness Equalization uses understanding of human hearing to reduce preceived volume differences, (can someone explain to me what this means exactly?) I have tried using my headphones with and without it on and I just notice volume...
  8. What does "Loudness Equalization" do and what should I set it to?

What does "Loudness Equalization" do and what should I set it to?: The Properties Enhancement tab says "Loudness Equalization uses understanding of human hearing to reduce perceived volume differences, can someone explain to me what this means exactly? I have tried using my headphones with and without it on and I just notice volume changes...
  9. What does this mean? Should I do it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean? Should I do it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/glob_ial1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilwlc3/what_does_this_mean_should_i_do_it/
  10. settings does not open what should i do ?

settings does not open what should i do ?: settings does not open what should i do ? it opens for just few scounds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-does-not-open-what-should-i-do/b0e46aa8-3a38-4547-8ede-c3390c87920f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com