Windows 10: What does Microsoft do with the activity history?

Discus and support What does Microsoft do with the activity history? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just turned on 'send my activity history to Microsoft' to use the 30 day timeline feature, I'm surprised to find that all of my actions from the last... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SiddharthR, Dec 5, 2020.

1. What does Microsoft do with the activity history?

I just turned on 'send my activity history to Microsoft' to use the 30 day timeline feature, I'm surprised to find that all of my actions from the last 30 days popped up in the timeline instantly, doesn't this mean that my activity history is stored anyways and Microsoft is just forcing me to login to access the full activity history of the last 30 days? Also is this activity history sent to Microsoft? I mean the history from the last 30 days, since I only turned it on today .

I also want some information on what the data is used for because I had read a few Microsoft and third party articles about privacy and activity history but none gives a proper explanation about it.

:)

SiddharthR, Dec 5, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 5, 2020
  3. par_0511 Win User
    Help with Activity History

Good day VincentFadri! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you want to check on the Activity History on your PC.

Kindly check and try the steps below and see if it helps out.

- Press Win key + i

- Click on Privacy

- Click on Activity history from the left side

- Look for Manage my Microsoft account activity data

- Your web browser will open and you will be asked to log in to your Microsoft account and login from there

- Click on the Activity History tab

- You can now find your activity history there and you can look/search for your past and present activities from there

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, Dec 5, 2020
  4. What does Microsoft do with the activity history?

Activity History - time frames

Hi Jeremy,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which part of the Microsoft Family do you want to backdate the activity history?
    • Can you please send us a screenshot of the part where you want a full detail of the history?

We look forward to your response.

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

What does Microsoft do with the activity history?

1. What does Microsoft do with the activity history? - Similar Threads - does Microsoft activity

2. what does this do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this do?: should i uninstall this?is it safe to do so?what will happen if i do uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-do/7aaab5d1-91f4-47cd-a45f-2bad9631fdba
  3. what does this do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does this do?: should i uninstall this?is it safe to do so?what will happen if i do uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-do/7aaab5d1-91f4-47cd-a45f-2bad9631fdba
  4. what does this do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What does this do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this do?: i'm not entirely sure what this does, could someone explain to me? is it safe to click this? or if i click this i will get disconnected from my WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-do/85f92333-9b70-4326-8189-5a36763ec17b
  6. What does this do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this do?: i'm not entirely sure what this does, could someone explain to me? is it safe to click this? or if i click this i will get disconnected from my WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-do/85f92333-9b70-4326-8189-5a36763ec17b
  7. What does this do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. what is this? and what does it do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? and what does it do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k13h0c/what_is_this_and_what_does_it_do/
  9. What exactly does Activity History collect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What exactly does Activity History collect?: I'm sure everyone here already know that Windows 10 logs the things we do in Activity History for the Timeline. I've read on this thread that it will continue to do so even if you choose to disable this feature. That reddit thread by u/a_potato_is_missing, ended up getting...
  10. Why does Microsoft do what it does?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Microsoft do what it does?: I realize this is a user forum and that most of the users are far more conversant with Microsoft talk than me but are generally not MS employees; maybe someone could explain a couple of things to me having to do with updates. What I need in an OS is that it works, is...