Windows 10: What does pressing ALT F2 do in Windows 10

Discus and support What does pressing ALT F2 do in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, In KMPlayer media player pressing ALT F2 should reduce the subtitle's font size, but suddenly my monitor went to sleep and after hitting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pypedreams, Feb 14, 2021.

1. What does pressing ALT F2 do in Windows 10

Hi,

In KMPlayer media player pressing ALT F2 should reduce the subtitle's font size, but suddenly my monitor went to sleep and after hitting the space bar I was at the login (password) screen. Could someone please explain what could've happened, as it's got me a little concerned.

Thanks

:)

pypedreams, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

What does pressing ALT F2 do in Windows 10

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

What does pressing ALT F2 do in Windows 10

1. What does pressing ALT F2 do in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - does pressing ALT

2. Can't open bios by pressing f2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open bios by pressing f2: Any one help me whatapp :-9827639521 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-bios-by-pressing-f2/f3fb124f-0ae2-46e1-86a8-718cd866e1c3
  3. Can't open bios by pressing f2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open bios by pressing f2: Any one help me whatapp :-9827639521 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-bios-by-pressing-f2/f3fb124f-0ae2-46e1-86a8-718cd866e1c3
  4. Can't open bios by pressing f2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Press DEL or F2 Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Press DEL or F2 Problem: Hello!I'm not well in Computers,I can't even say if I have Windows 10 or 11.and I can't even look that up anymore.I started my Computer today and I can't manage to get past following message:Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting.I haven't find anything problem...
  6. Press DEL or F2 Problem

Press DEL or F2 Problem: Hello!I'm not well in Computers,I can't even say if I have Windows 10 or 11.and I can't even look that up anymore.I started my Computer today and I can't manage to get past following message:Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting.I haven't find anything problem...
  7. Press DEL or F2 Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again: Repro: Alt + Tab Switch from current app to last used Release Alt and Tab Press Alt + Tab again Expected: Switch from current app to last used Actual: Switches from current app to second last used Workaround: Release Alt and Tab and wait a full second or two...
  9. Pressing f2 causes office to launch

Pressing f2 causes office to launch: How do I stop f2 from launching office? It's very annoying as I use f2 for other keybinds. I've uninstalled office but it keeps reinstalling itself every time I press f2. Thanks....
  10. What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do?

What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do?: I was working on Visual Studio Code and used that key combination to build my script while listening music at the same time. Then I realized that when I use this combination it reduces my speaker volume. No matter what programs are open or closed, it changes my volume level....