Windows 10: What does regedit do?

Discus and support What does regedit do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so I'm not too clear about what is regedit but I do know that some program file go in there. Bassicly a few programs when installed go to "regedit"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elestriker, Apr 23, 2020.

1. What does regedit do?

Ok so I'm not too clear about what is regedit but I do know that some program file go in there. Bassicly a few programs when installed go to "regedit" BUT when you uninstalled a program the file is still in there. So the reason I'm making this post is to MAKE SURE everything in the program that I installed is deleted. Of course I know just go to the "Add or remove program" option but when I know about regedit, I'm concerned about where did everything from the program I installed is gone to. BTW can you guys tell me is regedit and the "Programs or Programs (x86)" file the place he program file is stored or is there more.

submitted by /u/Elestriker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elestriker, Apr 23, 2020
  2. RDrewD2 Win User

How to find--regedit

Just type regedit in your search Windows/Cortana box and hit return, or click it at the top of the results list.
    Or hit Windows key + R and in the box, type
    regedit and hit return or OK. Or in file explorer click to This PC> C:> Windows> regedit.

RDrewD2, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Regedit Values

Hey AlindApoorva!

You can view the name and contents of any Windows registry by:

• Opening Windows Run (Windows key + R)
    • Typing "regedit" into it and pressing enter.
    • The sidebar will contain a list of practically every registry available in Windows. You can browse this directory, and then double-click the registries that appear in the main pane to view and edit their values.

Nat Riddle, Apr 23, 2020
  4. What does regedit do?

difference in regedit than the instructions

oh boy
    you better explain that one to me

i just followed your steps to get me C:\User\Frank
    never did anything else in regedit

njnitehawk, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

What does regedit do?

1. What does regedit do? - Similar Threads - does regedit

2. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  3. Open With not showing on Windows 10. The regedit editor solution does not work. You can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open With not showing on Windows 10. The regedit editor solution does not work. You can...: There is no problem with my regedit settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-with-not-showing-on-windows-10-the-regedit/d71ab4ca-b830-48e4-9747-c2db2b3fa875
  4. Open With not showing on Windows 10. The regedit editor solution does not work. You can...

Open With not showing on Windows 10. The regedit editor solution does not work. You can...: There is no problem with my regedit settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-with-not-showing-on-windows-10-the-regedit/d71ab4ca-b830-48e4-9747-c2db2b3fa875
  5. Open With not showing on Windows 10. The regedit editor solution does not work. You can...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Does anyone know a trick, maybe a RegEdit, that would get my old JASC Paint Shop Pro v6 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know a trick, maybe a RegEdit, that would get my old JASC Paint Shop Pro v6 to...: I apologize for how long this description is but it's all necessary. I know this isn't a Microsoft thing but maybe the issue is and someone here has the Answer I need.I've got my old JASC PSP installed using the compatibility mode method for installing Windows XP software....
  7. Does anyone know a trick, maybe a RegEdit, that would get my old JASC Paint Shop Pro v6 to...

Does anyone know a trick, maybe a RegEdit, that would get my old JASC Paint Shop Pro v6 to...: I apologize for how long this description is but it's all necessary. I know this isn't a Microsoft thing but maybe the issue is and someone here has the Answer I need.I've got my old JASC PSP installed using the compatibility mode method for installing Windows XP software....
  8. Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regedit, manually undo changes does not seem to have an effect.: Hello, So I was trying to follow step from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/2688326/can-t-open-exe-files-in-windows-7-or-windows-vista Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search boxRight-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as...
  9. [Regedit] Does Scancode Map in HKLM affect the keyboard layout on the lock screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Regedit] Does Scancode Map in HKLM affect the keyboard layout on the lock screen?: Earlier this morning I made a .reg file that binds every alphabetical character on the keyboard to the letter h. The Scancode Map value is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layout. I’m worried that this may prevent users from logging in to their...
  10. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open: regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an app in Microsoft store....