Windows 10: what does "sleep" mean in power settings?

Discus and support what does "sleep" mean in power settings? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know what "sleep" means in the power settings, and how to get out of sleep when I need to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavidNichols5, Mar 3, 2019.

1. what does "sleep" mean in power settings?

I don't know what "sleep" means in the power settings, and how to get out of sleep when I need to.

:)

DavidNichols5, Mar 3, 2019

2. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 3, 2019
  4. what does "sleep" mean in power settings?

PC will go to sleep even though the Power settings are set to Never in Windows 10.

Hello Ann,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

Since the Sleep settings are set to Default, I suggest you to make changes from the
    Power options settings page and check if the issue is resolved.

Change the power settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power options and select the top most search result.

• Click on Change when the computer sleeps
      from the left side panel of the window and select Never option from the dropdown bar under both the options.

• Click on Save Changes and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

what does "sleep" mean in power settings?

1. what does "sleep" mean in power settings? - Similar Threads - does sleep mean

2. what does this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this mean?: this is one of my crash reports It's italian:OrigineWindowsRiepilogoErrore hardwareData‎06/‎02/‎2023 23:44StatoSegnalazione non inviataDescrizioneSi è verificato un problema dell'hardware che impedisce il corretto funzionamento di Windows.Firma del problemaNome evento...
  3. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  4. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/toyfreddym8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8teez/what_does_this_mean/
  5. What does that mean?

What does that mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j62iz0/what_does_that_mean/
  6. What does this mean?

What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  8. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. What does sleep mean

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does sleep mean: What does it mean when a PC goes to "sleep"? Can I access my PC with Remote Desktop? Will a scheduled backup happen if my PC is on Sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-sleep-mean/50732845-11c7-482d-bdcc-133dc501d7b1
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does sleep mean under power