Windows 10: What does the 4 numbers in the Win 10 "Services" name mean?

Discus and support What does the 4 numbers in the Win 10 "Services" name mean? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello What does the 4 numbers in the name of a Windows Service mean? Like this: Name PID Description Status Group WpnUserService_5055a Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonas The Swedish Goth, Mar 10, 2019.

1. What does the 4 numbers in the Win 10 "Services" name mean?

Hello

What does the 4 numbers in the name of a Windows Service mean?

Like this:

Name PID Description Status Group

WpnUserService_5055a Windows Push Notifications User Service_5055a Stopped UnistackSvcGroup

Is this normal Windows 10 behavior to add "_5055a", or ANY number and letter to a windows 10 process in Task Manager?

:)

Jonas The Swedish Goth, Mar 10, 2019
  2. vishwaje Win User

Services has has number in the end of the name

As attached screenshot, some service names have numbers in the end of the name. Can anyone explain why is that? Is it a issue? I'm running Windows 10 1809.

What does the 4 numbers in the Win 10 "Services" name mean? [​IMG]

vishwaje, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Display Name and Number In Contacts E51

I Can not get my E51 to display Name and number in my contacts list any suggestions

gregjr---01, Mar 10, 2019
  4. bilateral Win User

What does the 4 numbers in the Win 10 "Services" name mean?

Is the "System and Compressed Memory Service" gone? Changed names?

I started reading threads on System and Compressed Memory because of researching high memory and disk usage, but then I realized that I've never seen this process listed in Task Manager on my system (a Toshiba i7 laptop with 4 GB of RAM.) I also checked Services, and I don't see it listed there either? Has MS removed this service from Win 7 in recent months, or changed the name? (In all the threads I've seen, no mention of that it being removed from Win 10.)

Michael

bilateral, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

What does the 4 numbers in the Win 10 "Services" name mean?

1. What does the 4 numbers in the Win 10 "Services" name mean? - Similar Threads - does numbers Services

2. What does it mean when the service name field equals to 'krbtgt' in Event_id 4769?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does it mean when the service name field equals to 'krbtgt' in Event_id 4769?: 'threat-protection' According to the discription of Event_id 4768 and 4769,It's normal when the service name field equals to 'krbtgt\xxxx' in Event_id 4768, because TGS will recognize the ‘krbtgt’ to response ST.But what does it mean when the service name field equals to...
  3. What does it mean when the service name field equals to 'krbtgt' in Event_id 4769?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does it mean when the service name field equals to 'krbtgt' in Event_id 4769?: 'threat-protection' According to the discription of Event_id 4768 and 4769,It's normal when the service name field equals to 'krbtgt\xxxx' in Event_id 4768, because TGS will recognize the ‘krbtgt’ to response ST.But what does it mean when the service name field equals to...
  4. What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?: Whenever I drag one app icon from my desktop on to another, it always says open with that app name. For example, if I drag WinRAR on Google Chrome, it will say 'Open with Google Chrome.'...
  5. What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?: Whenever I drag one app icon from my desktop on to another, it always says open with that app name. For example, if I drag WinRAR on Google Chrome, it will say 'Open with Google Chrome.'...
  6. What does means the options ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN and IGNORES_SHUTDOWN in a service?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does means the options ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN and IGNORES_SHUTDOWN in a service?: Hello all, I have one simple question. Some services have ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN and others have IGNORES_SHUTDOWN. What does that means? Here some examples: C:\Windows\system32>sc query omniinet SERVICE_NAME: omniinet TYPE : 10...
  7. Service registration is missing or corrupt - what does this mean

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Service registration is missing or corrupt - what does this mean: What does service registration is missing or corrupt medan. how can I correct it in Microsoft Solitaire Collection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-registration-is-missing-or-corrupt-what/5858c460-20dd-4133-8df9-8290aab08208"
  8. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. What does the number after "Powrprof.dll" in the registry mean?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does the number after "Powrprof.dll" in the registry mean?: The registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\PowerSettings when searching for 'FriendlyName' it will shows a lot of entries, reading like: SystemRoot%\system32\powrprof.dll,-122,Allow Standby StatesSystemRoot%\system32\powrprof.dll,-561,Allow System...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430