Windows 10: What does the counter after Network Name means?

Discus and support What does the counter after Network Name means? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just realized that every time I connect to my network, Windows adds a number at the end of my Network Name, which seems to be an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Farshid99, May 25, 2024.

1. Farshid99 Win User

What does the counter after Network Name means?

Hi everyone, I just realized that every time I connect to my network, Windows adds a number at the end of my Network Name, which seems to be an incremental counter.So, what does this number mean? Can I find a way to hide it?

:)

Farshid99, May 25, 2024

2. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

The Registry steps follower that resolved the issue.

But could you tell us why it appears to select a network status name based on your past Wi-Fi network connections, and then applies it to your wired Ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Mason

masontseng, May 25, 2024
  3. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to change the network name:

1. Press the
    Windows + R keys and type
    secpol.msc, and press Enter.

2. If prompted by
    UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

3. In the left pane of Local Security Policy, click on
    Network List Manager Policies.

4. In the right pane of
    Network List Manager Policies, double click on your current network name.

5. In Network Properties, select
    Name and type the name you prefer.

6. When finished, you can now close Local Security Policy.

7. Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 25, 2024
  4. What does the counter after Network Name means?

data counter

The built in option is under settings:

open settings,

scroll down and select "phone"

Scroll down the list until you see "Data counter" under Network

It's a bit basic, but gets the job done

cpitchford, May 25, 2024
Thema:

What does the counter after Network Name means?

1. What does the counter after Network Name means? - Similar Threads - does counter Network

2. What does the counter after Network Name means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the counter after Network Name means?: Hi everyone, I just realized that every time I connect to my network, Windows adds a number at the end of my Network Name, which seems to be an incremental counter.So, what does this number mean? Can I find a way to hide it?...
  3. What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?: Whenever I drag one app icon from my desktop on to another, it always says open with that app name. For example, if I drag WinRAR on Google Chrome, it will say 'Open with Google Chrome.'...
  4. What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does "Open with 'app name'" mean and do?: Whenever I drag one app icon from my desktop on to another, it always says open with that app name. For example, if I drag WinRAR on Google Chrome, it will say 'Open with Google Chrome.'...
  5. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  6. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  8. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. Networking Gurus - what does this mean -- help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Gurus - what does this mean -- help: Hi folks Although this is from a Linux VM I'm sure any networking guru would know what the screenshot displays --where I've got the question marks. [img] Can anybody explain what it actually means in plain English (or Icelandic if you prefer !!). I assume TX means...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430