Windows 10: What does the debug file do?

Discus and support What does the debug file do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can somebody tell me what a debug file does? i want to know what it does cus i kepp geting the dbug file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by I like cookies to eat, Oct 13, 2020.

1. What does the debug file do?

Can somebody tell me what a debug file does? i want to know what it does cus i kepp geting the dbug file

:)

I like cookies to eat, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Haynesk Win User

DLL FILE DEBUG

For some reason I cannot register a .dll file. I've verified the file path but it fails. What steps to debug the file??

Haynesk, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

What does the debug file do?

debug

Hello,

It seems that the debug file on your desktop is created when your device did its weekly cleanup process. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you using a 3rd party app to schedule the clean up?
    • Is this the first time that the debug file shows on your desktop?
    • Do you have a 3rd party app or a plugin for instant messaging service?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

What does the debug file do?

1. What does the debug file do? - Similar Threads - does debug file

2. What to do with this debug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do with this debug?: [1107/085720.926:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3[1113/145527.547:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3[1121/094956.674:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43]...
  3. What Does The Debug Folder Do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What Does The Debug Folder Do: So when i log into my windows 10 machine I see the debug folder and I am scared of deleting it cause it might ruin my machine if I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-debug-folder-do/9f5c43d5-fafb-42f0-851c-080ccf227026
  4. what is this debug file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this debug file: So i was using google chrome and i exit and i saw this weird debug file in my desktop i researched on the internet and they have the same problem but they use windows edge i dont really use Edge but i dont know if the problem is caused by chrome or windows Edge Please...
  5. Debug document on my computer what do I do/ what does this mean?

Debug document on my computer what do I do/ what does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jackiekennedyischill [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3nm9h/debug_document_on_my_computer_what_do_i_do_what/
  6. what is this? and what does it do?

what is this? and what does it do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k13h0c/what_is_this_and_what_does_it_do/
  7. A debug file

A debug file: So there is a file on my desktop that is simply called Debug. I can't get rid of it. every time I try to delete it, it says that it's already running in google. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-debug-file/242c2ec3-bbc6-47e2-a000-4c3a7c93309e
  8. debug file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    debug file: After windows update every day as I switch on the lap I find the file debug. All the time I delete it but it appears again after restart. It is a notepad file it contains the below code [1017/205630.973:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find...
  9. Debug file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file: There is a debug file on my desktop. It says : [1016/145258.052:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 What should I do? Everytime I turn on my PC it says scanning and repairing drive C while booting then after few...
  10. what are mat-debug files

what are mat-debug files: Stupid question but I couldn't find an answer. When i launch my computer around every 15 minutes mat-debug-nnnnn files are created in my AppData\Local\Temp They are 0kb text documents and I do not know if they will go away on their own, but they are being created quite...