Windows 10: what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?

Discus and support what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by garytyler1, Jan 19, 2020.

1. what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?

what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?

:)

garytyler1, Jan 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Gray x's on some desktop icons

No matter I do . Still the Gray 'x' icon is not going . its annoying to see the Gray 'X' on my desktop.

Does any one know how to remove it.

Arun KumarTummalapalli, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Gray X's on my desktop icons

Why are there Gray X's on my desktop icons and how can I get rid of them?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LouisDi Eugenio, Jan 19, 2020
  4. what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?

Windows 10 - Gray x's on some desktop icons

Hi

I have Window 10 . All the folders and file are showing Gray 'x' on the icons . The file are opening properly and on problem with the file or folder , but its annoying to see Gray 'x' .

how to fix this issues.

Arun KumarTummalapalli, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?

1. what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean? - Similar Threads - does gray bottom

2. what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?: the Outlook icon on my taskbar has a red X on it. It didn't have it yesterday and the outlook app appears to be working ok. Can anyone explain what the red X means? TIA...
  3. What does this "X" symbol mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this "X" symbol mean?: It appears, scattered, in my file and folders, mostly graphics-related. Looks different from the "X in a circle" used for other problems Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 [img] 144183
  4. Red x icon meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x icon meaning: Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b
  5. What does this icon mean

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this icon mean: [ATTACH] This icon is on only one of my folders and I can't understand why. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-icon-mean/cccb9bd9-f76c-408a-9371-1d5eb6bc823a"
  6. What does it mean "Stablish as icon application"?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does it mean "Stablish as icon application"?: Greetings guys... Whenever I open Photos app from Windows 10, then right clicking on a picture it does show the option " Stablish as icon application ". It may differ a little bit since I do not have the OS as english language but when I selected such option nothing did...
  7. What does that mean ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does that mean ?: My question is about my Intel Compute Stick cs125 which is connected to a TV via hdmi . It is running Win 10 v1809 current build. When I go to Start menu and click at Connect, I get a message ( see screenshot below ). What does that mean ? Wirelessly connect to what ? How...
  8. what does red x mean in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    what does red x mean in file explorer?: I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the...
  9. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: [img] 87015
  10. What does ~ mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does ~ mean?: What does ~ mean in front of a file? Example: ~mydoc.xlsx Don Cole 76341