Windows 10: What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

Discus and support What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Taffy087, May 18, 2022.

1. Taffy087 Win User

What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm usually. What does the Sleep command do and what would be the benefits if I used the Sleep command?

:)

Taffy087, May 18, 2022

2. Sleep function for windows 10

Hi Pamal,

In order to help you with your concern about the sleep function of your Windows 10, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10 PC? To get these information, please follow these steps:
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Settings and click it.
    • Click System.
    • Click About.
    • Check the Version and OS Build.
    • Is your Windows 10 up-to-date? If not, you may refer to this
      support link
      . You may also refer to this link to know the update history of Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 18, 2022
  3. My computer does not work with sleep function after latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 18, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2022
Thema:

1. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - does Sleep function

2. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10: I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm usually. What does the Sleep command do and what would be the benefits if I used the Sleep command?...
  3. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10: I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm usually. What does the Sleep command do and what would be the benefits if I used the Sleep command?...
  4. No sleep function in windows

No sleep function in windows: Hi all, I have recently reinstalled windows to the latest Windows 10 pro with all the update, I have a RTX 3090 with the latest drivers 466.27 updated 29/04/2021I have the up-to-date mother board drivers for my B550 Aorus Master for my Ryzen 3950X CPUI have followed all...
  5. Change what the Function key does

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change what the Function key does: How do we change the function the 'fn key' is doing? I wanna add a function on a key to change to the next song on Groove. There was a key for that in the older versions of Dell Laptops, but now there is no key for it....
  6. changing what a function key does on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    changing what a function key does on windows 10: I got a new gaming keyboard. the F1 key has a function to open music, so it opens windows media player. The keyboard doesn't has a software. is there any way that I can do it? what I want is to change the behaviour, meaning, clicking Fn + F1 opens Windows media player, I...
  7. What is CompatTelRunner.exe on Windows 10? What does it do?

in Windows 10 News
    What is CompatTelRunner.exe on Windows 10? What does it do?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CompatTelRunner.exe is the Windows Compatibility Telemetry process. It periodically sends usage and performance data to Microsoft IP addresses so that improvements can be made on user experience & usage, and fix potential issues. It is enabled by default, and...
  8. Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning: Hi guys, I've recently updated to Windows 10 build 1903, these are clean installs, not upgrades. I've tried everything you can throw at it, even throwing WOL registry keys. WOL does not work under sleep mode. Just in-case if it was the NIC, I used a USB into Ethernet...
  9. Windows Sleep Function

Windows Sleep Function: I have selected "sleep" after a certain period of inactivity. Though that is selected my screen goes to sleep for a short period of time then reappears, then goes to sleep again? This is repetitive ever 5 or so minutes??? Something is causing the screen to come out of...
  10. What does sleep mean

What does sleep mean: What does it mean when a PC goes to "sleep"? Can I access my PC with Remote Desktop? Will a scheduled backup happen if my PC is on Sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-sleep-mean/50732845-11c7-482d-bdcc-133dc501d7b1