Windows 10: What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do?

Discus and support What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In win10 you can enbale a so called "ultimate performance power plan" using terminal, it says it uses all available resources, Im looking for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/21myggggggg, Oct 29, 2019.

1. What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do?

In win10 you can enbale a so called "ultimate performance power plan" using terminal, it says it uses all available resources, Im looking for an explaination of what it actually does in detail if someone has found it, and how it is different from the default "high performance" one.

submitted by /u/21myggggggg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/21myggggggg, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Asesjix Win User

How to enable Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10?

The "Ultimate Performance" power plan exists since Windows 10 Version 1803.
    To activate the Power Plan, the following steps must be taken:

1. Open cmd.exe as Administrator
    2. Duplicate the scheme with: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
    3. Copy the guid from ultimate plan
    4. Set the ultimate plan active with: powercfg /setactive <GUID>

What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do? RZIke.png

Asesjix, Oct 29, 2019
  3. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan?

Kiwiprobie1, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do?

Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10  

I'd be interested keep me posted please?

What Ultimate is suppose to do, that's different from High Performance is cut out/reduce micro latencies .
    So another possibility is it forces Windows to use the HPET timer over system timer, if present in BIOS.

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do?

1. What does the ultimate performance power plan actually do? - Similar Threads - does ultimate performance

2. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  3. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  4. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ultimate Performance Battery Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate Performance Battery Plan: I was just wondering how to enable the ultimate performance battery plan on my dell laptop running windows 11.I have tried using cmd prompt and powershell with admin by typing this into both: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 but I am still not...
  6. Ultimate Performance Battery Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultimate Performance Battery Plan: I was just wondering how to enable the ultimate performance battery plan on my dell laptop running windows 11.I have tried using cmd prompt and powershell with admin by typing this into both: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 but I am still not...
  7. Ultimate power plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ultimate power plan: I build my dad a budget gaming PC I got him a win10 and Im curious if the Ultimate performance powerplan can damage the PC and can it help in games,I saw on internet that it keeps everything on 100% and that maybe it OC some things Specifications: Cpu: Ryzen 3 1200 3.1ghz...
  8. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c
  9. Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 Spring Creators Update version 1803 build 17101, Microsoft introduced a new Ultimate Performance power plan...
  10. Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10: I did this trick on a win home 1803 version and while it does show the plan alright. Looking at the actual power plan in the reg key e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 shows very little, there only a few keys and are same as HP plan. So IMO either this trick doesn't fully...