Windows 10: What does the "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see...

Discus and support What does the "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One of my collegaues was complaining that her Surface running Windows 10 doesn't warn her before installing updates and this can cause it to restart at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen Booth (Stephen), Jul 13, 2018.

1. What does the "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see...

One of my collegaues was complaining that her Surface running Windows 10 doesn't warn her before installing updates and this can cause it to restart at inopportune times.

I found in Settings | Updates & Security | Advanced Options a setting which reads: "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see more notifications about restarting, turn this on" but can't fidn any guidance on what it actually does. Taken literally it could mean that Windows will just show you notifactions and restart at random times, but I presume it's not that (I can see developers putting something like that in for a joke, but not it getting past quality control). Is there any documentation on this?

thanks

Stephen

:)

Stephen Booth (Stephen), Jul 13, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Cortana Reminders do not display when scheduled

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check the Settings if the notification for reminders is turned on.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Notifications & actions on the left side.
    • Turn on Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen.

If the issue persists, perform SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. You may refer to this
    article
    for the steps.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Jul 13, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What does the "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 13, 2018
  4. wynand32 Win User

What does the "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see...

Cortana reminders not showing up in Cortana, but are showing up in Calendar

I have had a number of daily recurring reminders set that disappeared from my list of reminders in Cortana but still show up in my Calendar when I select them to show up. I can't figure out how to delete them so that I can recreate them, or get them to show
    up again in my Cortana reminders list.

I have a number of Windows 10 PCs and an Android device running Cortana, and the reminders don't show up on any of them.

wynand32, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

What does the "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see...

1. What does the "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. if you want to see... - Similar Threads - does We'll show

2. Onedrive "sorry to see you go"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive "sorry to see you go": When I'm trying to unlink Onedrive, I get a window that says "We're sorry to see you go" see the screen shot. However when I select a response I cannot get to what is most likely an "OK" or "Submit" button on the bottom. Can you please help me figure out how to do this? I...
  3. Onedrive "sorry to see you go"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive "sorry to see you go": When I'm trying to unlink Onedrive, I get a window that says "We're sorry to see you go" see the screen shot. However when I select a response I cannot get to what is most likely an "OK" or "Submit" button on the bottom. Can you please help me figure out how to do this? I...
  4. windows spotlight does not show "like what you see" all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows spotlight does not show "like what you see" all the time: I use Windows 11. From time to time "like what you see" does not appear in Spotlight.Then it reappears. Is this normal?jdaniel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-does-not-show-like-what-you-see/f78aa628-8179-481d-8c07-d604687b7376
  5. windows spotlight does not show "like what you see" all the time

windows spotlight does not show "like what you see" all the time: I use Windows 11. From time to time "like what you see" does not appear in Spotlight.Then it reappears. Is this normal?jdaniel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-does-not-show-like-what-you-see/f78aa628-8179-481d-8c07-d604687b7376
  6. Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You: Hi there,I'm asking on behalf of my friend because she couldn't access her computer. My friend once reset her PC because of the blue screen and ever since everything is fixed.However, today suddenly the blue screen occurs again, and then the window doesn't want to run at all....
  7. Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You

Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You: Hi there,I'm asking on behalf of my friend because she couldn't access her computer. My friend once reset her PC because of the blue screen and ever since everything is fixed.However, today suddenly the blue screen occurs again, and then the window doesn't want to run at all....
  8. Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Like what you see?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Like what you see?: Why can I no longer see "Like what you see?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/like-what-you-see/2d271056-f7d8-48a3-bb9a-cc5577447765
  10. Like what you see?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Like what you see?: Had I realized I had to deal with pictures I do not like I would have looked to other resources . I hate signing in to an obtrusive picture one worse then the other. Even when not a fan, continue to show. Windows and Bing are awful that is why I switched browsers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show a reminder when were going tp restart

2. setting WEll show a reminder when were going to restart. If you want to see more notifications about restarting turn this on.

3. well show a reminder when were going to restart. if you want to see more notifications about restarting turn this on gpo

4. well show a reminder when were going to restart. if you want to see more notifications about restarting turn this on.