Windows 10: what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

Discus and support what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so my windows key started to not work lately. the only way it works is for pausing a youtube video. a website told me that i should write this command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tactfulpuppet97, Aug 3, 2022.

1. what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

so my windows key started to not work lately. the only way it works is for pausing a youtube video.

a website told me that i should write this command in powershell to reset the key for it to work again.

i know that powershell is pretty powerfull, so im just checking to make sure i dont screw up my pc

(for the automod bot) https://aka.ms/AAhm8de

submitted by /u/tactfulpuppet97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tactfulpuppet97, Aug 3, 2022

2. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Let's say I do:
    Get-appxpackage *onenote*
    and
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote*

And I find there are entries for this product.

So, I run:
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but allusers does.

Something wrong with the way I'm doing it?

I _am_ using a powershell with elevated privileges.

cDreamDancer, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Mark0 Win User
    PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Hello,
    I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450)

First: is there any difference between
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    and
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    if there is only one user on the computer?

Second: what is the difference between
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg
    and
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg

Thanks for any help,
    Mark

Mark0, Aug 3, 2022
  4. what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

Hello Team,

Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.

Command
    Remove-appxpackage "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" -AllUsers

Output

Remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows apps - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:1 + Remove-appxpackage "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wek ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage... :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

Problem:

Unable to remove appxpackage for allusers with -allusers attribute

P.S

I use this as reference
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/appx/remove-appxpackage?view=windowsserver2022-ps

ADEPU Nagaraj, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

1. what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage... - Similar Threads - does code AppXPackage

2. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  3. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  4. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add-AppxPackage -Path...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add-AppxPackage -Path...: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFD, A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. Windows cannot install package MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.8.32828.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package is not compatible with the...
  6. Add-AppxPackage -Path...

Add-AppxPackage -Path...: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFD, A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. Windows cannot install package MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.8.32828.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package is not compatible with the...
  7. What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: Hello, i just ran into the problem that i cant use the windows search bar. Everytime i click to search i cant type anything or just one letter and the black search window closes. Tried to solve it by re - indexing (i dont remember exactly how its called) and by using...
  8. Add-AppXPackage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add-AppXPackage: Hi All, I have distributed across my organization "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019"later after that I have found out that this version of windows doesn't include any of AppX bundle apps. My Organization is an education organization and the teachers asking me to install some...
  9. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...
  10. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.: Let's say I do: Get-appxpackage *onenote* and Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* And I find there are entries for this product. So, I run: Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but...