Windows 10: What does this command do?

Discus and support What does this command do? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me what this command does? Someone on reddit told me i could reset the settings app by pasting this into the command prompt but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Debdeb47, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Debdeb47 Win User

What does this command do?

Can anyone tell me what this command does? Someone on reddit told me i could reset the settings app by pasting this into the command prompt but nothing happened. Running the latest version of windows 10 home

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *immersivecontrolpanel*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

:)

Debdeb47, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile What does this command do? :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Feb 14, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. What does this command do? - Similar Threads - does command

2. Do command when file 3rd-to-last line does NOT contains a string

in Windows 10 Support
    Do command when file 3rd-to-last line does NOT contains a string: I'm having connection issues which I'm documenting. I have a close variant of the following that has 60 seconds in between each call, but I'd like one to be continuous until the connection is reestablished. The way I see it, at the end of the following there would be some way...
  3. Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health: So... Hi! Everybody... Hope all is well with you and yours this Thanksgiving week. Ran into an unexpected problem earlier today. Trying to use the Elevated Command Prompt to execute the DISM/System File Checker functions to check the quality of Windows 10 protected system...
  4. Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health

in Windows 10 Support
    Elevated Command does not recognize Cleanup-image/Restore Health: So... Hi! Everybody... Hope all is well with you and yours this Thanksgiving week. Ran into an unexpected problem earlier today. Trying to use the Elevated Command Prompt to execute the DISM/System File Checker functions to check the quality of Windows 10 protected system...
  5. Does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table: I'm talking about erasing infected by malware drives. I want to be sure that no data is left, even no information about partition table. So does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table?...
  6. Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does invalid command with DISM.exe cause any issues?: I missed the / in front of Cleanup-image in the following command line in an admin command prompt: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth I received an error code and a message about checking the log file. Any issues because of this missed /?...
  7. Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it?: Windows 10 speech recognition the select command does not respond. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-speech-recognition-the-select-command/5b8bbe08-af0b-4f5a-910d-eeb229fffa81
  8. How does 'slmgr rearm' command work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How does 'slmgr rearm' command work?: Hi, I saw many people on YouTube showing tutorials to reset windows trial by using the command 'slmgr rearm'? I wanna know how this works? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-slmgr-rearm-command-work/ad19f60b-678e-4fe3-91d4-9fc0f329da8e
  9. Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?: I have a script that runs fine from the command line. When it runs from Task Scheduler using the same user account it returns a 0x1 error. I've been trying to debug it for several days now to no avail. What are some reasons it might be doing this? Screen captures submitted...
  10. Restore down command does not work for any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore down command does not work for any program: I tried updating all drivers but restore down will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-command-does-not-work-for-any-program/784e78d3-5e6e-44cc-b986-3b2844a8e188