Windows 10: What does this mean? I just want to reset my PC and this is stopping me from doing it

Discus and support What does this mean? I just want to reset my PC and this is stopping me from doing it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nwordcount [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nwordcount, Feb 14, 2020.

1. What does this mean? I just want to reset my PC and this is stopping me from doing it

/u/nwordcount, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Feb 14, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 14, 2020
  4. What does this mean? I just want to reset my PC and this is stopping me from doing it

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

What does this mean? I just want to reset my PC and this is stopping me from doing it

1. What does this mean? I just want to reset my PC and this is stopping me from doing it - Similar Threads - does mean reset

2. What does "reset this pc" do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does "reset this pc" do?: Hi,I am hiving some errors all around my computer. For example, file explorer is corrupted, windows search doesn't work, screen snip constantly crashes, etc. I am now going to reset the pc but keep my files. What will this erase? I have a lot of game save files on steam and...
  3. What does "reset this pc" do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does "reset this pc" do?: Hi,I am hiving some errors all around my computer. For example, file explorer is corrupted, windows search doesn't work, screen snip constantly crashes, etc. I am now going to reset the pc but keep my files. What will this erase? I have a lot of game save files on steam and...
  4. What does "reset this pc" do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?: I am running this command in PowerShell: 'get-item -path abc.pptx.encrypt'What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?...
  6. What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?: I am running this command in PowerShell: 'get-item -path abc.pptx.encrypt'What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?...
  7. What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Just stop no means NO !!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just stop no means NO !!: please If I stop a process it is because "I" want it stopped until "I" resume it or reboot or log off. Until then just stop. The 24/7 constant monitoring or yourself causes it Windows to boot me from games and other things I am doing. Don't get me wrong I...
  9. What does this mean? Should I do it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean? Should I do it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/glob_ial1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilwlc3/what_does_this_mean_should_i_do_it/
  10. calendar.google.com wants to...Re: What Does This Mean?

in Browsers and Email
    calendar.google.com wants to...Re: What Does This Mean?: Almost always when I open up calendar (Chrome up to date) I get that message. Does that mean if I click allow I will get a desktop pop up notification every time an event comes up. I don't get that now and I certainly don't want that to happen. If I click block will that...