Windows 10: What does this Special function key do? Microsoft brand keyboards

Discus and support What does this Special function key do? Microsoft brand keyboards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It doesn't seem to do anything in-app or on the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesZapata, Jan 6, 2021.

1. What does this Special function key do? Microsoft brand keyboards

What does this Special function key do? Microsoft brand keyboards 003d7707-e9eb-4302-8c4a-be8460c7d838?upload=true.jpg

It doesn't seem to do anything in-app or on the desktop

:)

JamesZapata, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Wil Pan Win User

Special keys and function keys

Hi Maria,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor and an expert with Windows 10.

I understand your concern with Function keys not working.

Sometimes the function keys on your keyboard could be locked by the F lock key. As a result, you can’t use function keys. Check if there was any key like F Lock or F Mode key on your keyboard. If there is one key like that, press that key and then check if
    the Fn keys could work.

Try also to update the keyboard driver especially if you are using a keyboard that came with an accompanying software such as Asus, Razer, and Logitech

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

Wil Pan, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Jan 6, 2021
  4. What does this Special function key do? Microsoft brand keyboards

Microsoft Designer Keyboard special keys not working properly

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

What does this Special function key do? Microsoft brand keyboards

1. What does this Special function key do? Microsoft brand keyboards - Similar Threads - does Special function

2. what does the key - plus lock do on MK330 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does the key - plus lock do on MK330 keyboard: what does the key - plus lock do on MK330 keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-key-plus-lock-do-on-mk330-keyboard/da47b823-abc4-4a49-9465-817e2065c652
  3. what does the key - plus lock do on MK330 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does the key - plus lock do on MK330 keyboard: what does the key - plus lock do on MK330 keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-key-plus-lock-do-on-mk330-keyboard/da47b823-abc4-4a49-9465-817e2065c652
  4. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  5. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  6. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Change what the Function key does

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change what the Function key does: How do we change the function the 'fn key' is doing? I wanna add a function on a key to change to the next song on Groove. There was a key for that in the older versions of Dell Laptops, but now there is no key for it....
  8. changing what a function key does on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    changing what a function key does on windows 10: I got a new gaming keyboard. the F1 key has a function to open music, so it opens windows media player. The keyboard doesn't has a software. is there any way that I can do it? what I want is to change the behaviour, meaning, clicking Fn + F1 opens Windows media player, I...
  9. Special keys and function keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Special keys and function keys: Recently I started having a problem with the special keys and function keys. When I want to enlarge or decrease the volume F6 ,F7, F8 nothing happens or select the pages link, or when I press F5 it's resets the whole page that I was. I tried to look for something at the...
  10. Keyboard Function Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Function Keys: I would like to know if there is a way to make it so (for example) if I hit F2, it will actually do F2 instead of changing my screen brightness. I know you can do this by holding down FN, but I want to know if there is a way I can do that without holding down FN....