Windows 10: What does 'turn on mono audio' do? More louder sound? What's the difference?

Discus and support What does 'turn on mono audio' do? More louder sound? What's the difference? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, please tell me what 'turn on mono audio' does in Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aak_73, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Aak_73 Win User

What does 'turn on mono audio' do? More louder sound? What's the difference?

Hi, please tell me what 'turn on mono audio' does in Windows 10.

:)

Aak_73, Feb 9, 2021
  2. wb0gaz Win User

Mono audio (ease of access) plus Listen to Microphone (audio control)

I wish to have my Windows 10 (20H2) machine listen to microphone (relay audio from sound input device to sound output device) and be in Mono audio mode (combine left and right input sound streams and send the combined result to both left and right output sound stream) at start-up.

The "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to take effect until after an (any?) application using windows sound is started. The "listen to microphone" setting IS in effect at start-up (however, the audio flow is still stereo, which is not intended.)

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Start Windows 10, no audio-based application running
    2. Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on Mono
    3. Sound Control Panel > Recording > (double click on) Microphone > Listen > [x] Listen to this Device

4. Reboot.

5. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to be in effect (left and right audio channels are still distinct)

6. Start (any) windows sound application

7. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

8. Stop the windows sound application

9. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

Repeatable beginning at step 4.

I imagine this is not intended behavior, and I'm wondering if it's an oversight in Windows 10?

Thanks for any advice or attempts to duplicate this sequence.

Dave

wb0gaz, Feb 9, 2021
  3. NateSc Win User
    Accessablility Question: Mono Audio

Please, I don't think it's too much to ask for mono audio. My stupid phone can do mono audio with a simple slider, I'm half-deaf and it's just frustrating not being able to hear music or videos the way they're supposed to sound. I know the demand for this
    is super small, but I'd be super appreciative if some attention could be given to it.

NateSc, Feb 9, 2021
  4. nouxxer Win User

Turn Mono into stereo

im using 6260 before this and ive found info how to make mono like stereo but it too louder..can u think they too stupid to make it too easy their product can be modified..

nouxxer, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. What does 'turn on mono audio' do? More louder sound? What's the difference? - Similar Threads - does 'turn mono

2. What is AggregatorHost.exe and what does it do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is AggregatorHost.exe and what does it do?: Hello! I was looking in Task Manager recently, and I saw something named "AggregatorHost.exe" in there?I checked the Properties and file location and it's from somewhere in the System32 folder.I didn't recognize it at all, so I googled it, and half the results say it's a...
  3. mono sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mono sound: hey there, when I load up a game, Apex, cod, New World. ect. My audio changes. I can tell do to the fact that i am always listening to Spotify! Seems like it is mono Sound, making it very hard to game though. Can't tell which direction Anyone is. If i am lucky enough to hear...
  4. mono sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mono sound: hey there, when I load up a game, Apex, cod, New World. ect. My audio changes. I can tell do to the fact that i am always listening to Spotify! Seems like it is mono Sound, making it very hard to game though. Can't tell which direction Anyone is. If i am lucky enough to hear...
  5. Sound is too low on my laptop. What can I do to make it louder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound is too low on my laptop. What can I do to make it louder?: Sound is too low on my laptop. What can I do to make it louder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low-on-my-laptop-what-can-i-do-to/f9b4fd67-758b-473f-9c71-be1cae0649c1
  6. what is difference between audio and pro audio

what is difference between audio and pro audio: [ATTACH] does audio and pro audio same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-difference-between-audio-and-pro-audio/6a4626e7-0f6f-4f63-a155-d2e761496455
  7. What does this sound mean? More information in comments.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this sound mean? More information in comments.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RhythmStiix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljwfq2/what_does_this_sound_mean_more_information_in/
  8. what is this? and what does it do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? and what does it do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k13h0c/what_is_this_and_what_does_it_do/
  9. sound not turning on no matter what

sound not turning on no matter what: sound not turning on no matter what. I even went to settings to turn on my sound on but all it said its trouble shoot an a AI try to help but it didn't help. what can I do to turn on the sound...
  10. What is VPN & what does it do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is VPN & what does it do: I want to know what VPN is & what it does. Does it slow down the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-vpn-what-does-it-do/02c457a5-404a-4127-9626-b65a9072c093