Windows 10: What does Web Platform Customisations mean?

Discus and support What does Web Platform Customisations mean? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a windows update and my computer restarts then I login, I see a window appear saying that Web Platform Customisations are happening? What does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by desbest, Oct 17, 2020.

1. desbest Win User

What does Web Platform Customisations mean?

After a windows update and my computer restarts then I login, I see a window appear saying that Web Platform Customisations are happening?

What does this mean? What is installed on my computer regarding it, and how do I access it?

:)

desbest, Oct 17, 2020
  2. RG46873 Win User

How to uninstall Web Platform Installer

I am trying to uninstall Web Platform Installer. I click all apps, select Web Platform Installer, select uninstall. That takes me to the Control Panel, Programs and Features. I should be able to then click on Web Platform Install and select uninstall,
    but Web Platform Installer is not shown as a program/app in the list of programs and features.

(1) is it known by some other name?

(2) is there a way to force the Control Panel to rebuild the list of all programs/apps installed so that it is guaranteed to be accurate?

(3) how does one uninstall Web Platform Installer if it is not shown in programs/features in the Control Panel

RG46873, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Web Platform Customization update

Hello,

The web platform customization message that you received on your computer is related to the
    Microsoft Web Platform Installer which is about the installation of updates for Web Platform components and applications such as SQL Server Express, .NET Framework, Visual Web Developer, ASP.NET, and PHP community Web applications that run
    on your computer.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Introducing #EdgeBug: File web platform bugs with a Tweet

We immediately thought this was a great idea! We’ve always been happy to file bugs on anyone’s behalf if they can provide details to reproduce or, better yet, a reduced test case. However, with the creation of the new Issue Tracker on Microsoft Edge Dev, we have an opportunity to scale this capability. Starting today, we’re excited to announce that you can file bugs against EdgeHTML simply by tweeting with the #EdgeBug hashtag!

How to file an #EdgeBug via Twitter

Filing a bug via Twitter is simple! Just keep in mind the following:

1. Use the hashtag #EdgeBug so our tool catches your bug and we can follow up with a link to the bug.
    2. Include a link to a reduced test case of the bug on codepen.io, jsfiddle.net, jsbin.com, or dabblet.com – this makes sure the bug is actionable on our end.
    3. Use the text remaining to make a title for your bug. Make sure it’s succinct and descriptive!

What does Web Platform Customisations mean? [​IMG]

That’s it! Once the bug is created, you’ll get a reply from @MSEdgeDev with the link to your bug on issues.microsoftedge.com. Note that we do have some automatic rules and manual triage steps to prevent spam and make sure bugs are actionable, so there might be a bit of a delay before you get a link to the bug.

How to create a reduced test case

What exactly does it mean to provide a reduced test case? To put it another way, we should be able to use the test case in your Tweet to determine if we’ve fixed the bug. To do this, you should remove everything from the site except for the code that causes the bug to reproduce.

For example, if we had a bug in CSS’s currentColor keyword, you could provide a test case that looks like this, and any browser that isn’t rendering the box as green would need to fix it.

The basic anatomy of a good test case is:

• An explanation of what the test is validating
    • What the correct result should be
    • The minimal amount of code necessary to create a viable test
    Reduced test cases are the fastest way for our team to get a fix, but we understand that you might not always have the time to get to the root of the problem. For these situations you can file a bug one of two other ways:

Via “Send Feedback” Menu item in Microsoft Edge

1. Navigate to the page with the issue.
    2. Open the “…” menu.
    3. Select “Report Site Issue. The url will be pre-filled in using the current page.
    4. Fill out the form with the steps to reproduce the issue.
    5. Select “Send Feedback” to submit the form.
    Open a new bug on Platform Issues

1. Navigate to issues.microsoftedge.com.
    2. Log in using your Microsoft Account.
    3. Insert a descriptive title.
    4. Select an appropriate Category.
    5. Place the url and any more information that makes reproducing the issue easier into the Steps textbox.
    6. Attach any additional files that will be valuable for ensuring we’re reducing the right issues.
    Filing bugs against other browsers

If your bug reproduces in other browsers, it’s best to make sure each engine’s developers are aware of the issue to maintain great cross-browser web compatibility. You can find the public bug portals for each major rendering engine below:

We’re thrilled to make it easier than ever to report platform bugs, and we look forward to seeing your reductions soon! You can always reach us @MSEdgeDev on Twitter if you have any questions about a bug or #EdgeBug. Thanks for helping make Microsoft Edge better!

Antón Molleda, Program Manager, Microsoft Edge
    Greg Whitworth, Program Manager, Microsoft Edge

Brink, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. What does Web Platform Customisations mean? - Similar Threads - does Web Platform

2. what does this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this mean?: this is one of my crash reports It's italian:OrigineWindowsRiepilogoErrore hardwareData‎06/‎02/‎2023 23:44StatoSegnalazione non inviataDescrizioneSi è verificato un problema dell'hardware che impedisce il corretto funzionamento di Windows.Firma del problemaNome evento...
  3. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  4. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/toyfreddym8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8teez/what_does_this_mean/
  5. What does that mean?

What does that mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j62iz0/what_does_that_mean/
  6. What does this mean?

What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  8. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430
  10. Web Platform Customizations: what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Web Platform Customizations: what is it?: Hi. I noticed, using Autoruns, that since few days in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components there is "Web Platform Customizations" (C:\Windows\SysWow64\ie4uinit.exe). I've searched for it on Google but I've not found anything interesting. What is it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web platform customizations