Windows 10: What Drivers Do I update (Win 10; Very Confused!) Home PC System Driv

Discus and support What Drivers Do I update (Win 10; Very Confused!) Home PC System Driv in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Edit: I just saw the driver forum. I do not see how to delete this and repost. Can you still help?) I used to automatically use programs to update my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonys317, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Tonys317 Win User

What Drivers Do I update (Win 10; Very Confused!) Home PC System Driv

(Edit: I just saw the driver forum. I do not see how to delete this and repost. Can you still help?)

I used to automatically use programs to update my drivers (3rd party updaters). But you guys yelled at me - do it manually you said.. I have an i5 4460 3.2 from Lenovo Win 10 with no avail updates. I have lots of new "parts" but the cpu. When Lenovo (The manufacturer) automatically checks my system it says I am fine. But all of the driver update programs want me to update programs/things. I do not know what any of these are. I know in 2 yrs I never intentionally updated any of them. Can you advise/opinion or just tell me what to do? Thank you!

SATA ACHI Controller (I do not know what this is)

Realtek 8821AE Wierless LAN 802.11ac <--- THIS IS CONFUSING AND REALTEK IS NOT REPLYING after months. There are too many options on their website I cant find the exact one I have. Realtek support in USA really has not wrote me back in 30 + emails over a several months. I think this is important?

USB Mass Storage Device (I do not know what this is?) I think I have a Realtek in there.

Intel (R) Management Interface Engine Interface (WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?) I checked Intels website they suggest I am ok

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (What the heck is that? )

SMBus Controller Device (I do not know what these are.

Do I just assume because Lenovo auto updates say I am ok I am? Say if they stopped updating this CPU?

:)

Tonys317, Oct 15, 2018

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 15, 2018
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. What Drivers Do I update (Win 10; Very Confused!) Home PC System Driv - Similar Threads - Drivers update Very

2. I am very confused as to what is wrong with my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am very confused as to what is wrong with my pc.: I have been searching for a while now and no one else seems to have the same issue as me. I have a dual monitor setup. When I boot up my PC both monitors are responsive. The motherboard logo appears on both and text telling me the shortcut to get into the bios menu appears....
  3. I am very confused as to what is wrong with my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am very confused as to what is wrong with my pc.: I have been searching for a while now and no one else seems to have the same issue as me. I have a dual monitor setup. When I boot up my PC both monitors are responsive. The motherboard logo appears on both and text telling me the shortcut to get into the bios menu appears....
  4. Very Confusing . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Confusing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The questions, I'll be asking Are about, antivirus. Right now, I'm running Norton Antivirus. All the ratings, have it. As one, of the best The most important,feature to me, is it's VPN! I live in a, retirement...
  5. Very confused

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Very confused: I have one microsoft account with two separate login passwords. I can log in via "account.live.com" with one password. AND I can login in to "login.live.com" with a different password to my same microsoft account. This is confusing and has me very worried. It is causing havoc...
  6. My system"updated" and everything has changed. It is very confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My system"updated" and everything has changed. It is very confusing: I hate that Microsoft decides what changes it wants to make. It seems I didn't buy a system -I'm just paid for the privilege of being a test user for them 1The start button only responds to a right-click 2the start button no longer opens a menu of programs to choose...
  7. confused, very

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    confused, very: %SystemRoot%\System32\setupapi.dll,-2 can anyone tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-very/bf03fad8-e017-4b6f-8e13-0609c3aa8e36
  8. win 10 home very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 home very slow: win 10 home is super slow after updates. The websites I am on keep closing on me and I lose my work and have to login again no matter which browser I use. My searches are being redirected. when I type a letter the letter besides it prints instead. My cursor freezes and...
  9. What Drivers Do I update (Win 10; Very Confused!) Home PC System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What Drivers Do I update (Win 10; Very Confused!) Home PC System: (Edit: I just saw the driver forum. I do not see how to delete this and repost. Can you still help?) I used to automatically use programs to update my drivers (3rd party updaters). But you guys yelled at me - do it manually you said.. I have an i5 4460 3.2 from Lenovo Win 10...
  10. Very confused about which drivers I need

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very confused about which drivers I need: Hello, and thanks for reading my thread. I have the gigabyte motherboard GA-H81M-DS2V and Windows 10. When you go on the 'Support and Download', 'Drivers', 'Windows 10 64-bit' on the Gigabyte website, it gives you a list of drivers that you should install for that...