Windows 10: What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

Discus and support What drivers to install after clean install/reformat? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just did a fresh install for my win 10, but abit clueless on the Drivers I need to install. I read from somewhere that Windows Update will just do all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IngramFTW, Nov 9, 2019.

1. What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

Just did a fresh install for my win 10, but abit clueless on the Drivers I need to install.

I read from somewhere that Windows Update will just do all the work for u.

And from another forum, I read that u have to install manually like the chipset Drivers. BUT IS THE CHIPSET DRIVERS NECESSARY TO INSTALL?

Please help me out here

submitted by /u/IngramFTW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IngramFTW, Nov 9, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 9, 2019
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Nov 9, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

Reformat and Install

yep, reformat and reinstall will erase and record over the old info and is 98% cetain way to be virus clean but there could be bits and pieces of old data hidden that is not able to be accessed by you or used by your computer but it is still there in the background. data that has been erased CAN be restored if you know what you are doing but scrambled data cant be read even if it is recovered so its the only certain way something can be deleted for certain.

to zero a drive or scrambling the disc basicly makes anything left on it unreadable so if you are concerned about leaving sensative info behind when selling your computer or if there was something like a really aggresive virus or illegal stuff that you are concerned about then it just takes a little while to take this step to completely clear the drive.

keakar, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

1. What drivers to install after clean install/reformat? - Similar Threads - drivers install clean

2. What's a clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's a clean install: Im scared on getting Windows 10 November 2021 Update, I think it might reset my PC, does a clean install reset the wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-a-clean-install/ee390ad8-7e4e-4b61-8de6-3fcc134eb9f7
  3. What's a clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's a clean install: Im scared on getting Windows 10 November 2021 Update, I think it might reset my PC, does a clean install reset the wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-a-clean-install/ee390ad8-7e4e-4b61-8de6-3fcc134eb9f7
  4. Missing drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing drivers after clean install: My son's ACER Aspire A515-51G that he uses for school was running very slow and at times wouldn't boot. I tried to use the recovery USB to reset it to factory but it would hang at 30% every time and didn't matter which way I tried from inside Windows, booting from the USB,...
  5. Missing drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing drivers after clean install: My son's ACER Aspire A515-51G that he uses for school was running very slow and at times wouldn't boot. I tried to use the recovery USB to reset it to factory but it would hang at 30% every time and didn't matter which way I tried from inside Windows, booting from the USB,...
  6. Missing drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install

Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install: I did a clean win 10 install following the guide by Brinck forund here on Tenforums. I have also downloaded the most recent drivers for my motherboard (Asus, B360M-K Prime) from Asus site (chipset, SATA, LAN and Audio) (found here) I have a few questions regarding the...
  8. Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10: I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 10. My laptop came with Win 7 and I did the upgrade to Win 10 some time ago but I do not have a product key or an installation disk. As I'm purchasing a new laptop I want to pass my old machine on but want to clean it up before I...
  9. What is the correct order to install drivers after clean installation?

What is the correct order to install drivers after clean installation?: Hi, What is the correct and recommended order to install the drivers after a clean Windows 10 installation. I have always been told that it is Intel Chipset driver first, followed by all the other chipsets (Intel Management Interface etc) and then only after all the...
  10. What is a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is a clean install: I plan to buy W 10 when it comes out if it is not outrageously expensive. I will put it on my laptop which was originally W 8, then updated to W 8.1. I need to know how to prep the laptop. I keep seeing a "clean install" and do not know what that means. I can reformat it if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do you need to install drivers after reformat