Windows 10: What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

Discus and support What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying out an unactivated copy of W10 Pro on a virtual machine. Apart from not being able to personalise the desktop it seems to be fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

I'm trying out an unactivated copy of W10 Pro on a virtual machine. Apart from not being able to personalise the desktop it seems to be fully functioning. What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

:)

Steve C, Sep 1, 2015

2. how to activate windows?

A couple of questions:

1. What made Windows to unactivate? Hardware changes, clean install or something else?

2. What type of license do you have? A preinstalled one or a retail license?

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Media Creation Tool

So what happens if I use the unactivated version and install that on the computer I am building

MatthewHoly cross, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

1. What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy? - Similar Threads - else missing having

2. what windows am I running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what windows am I running: what windows am I running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-windows-am-i-running/defb00ca-fa20-4ba4-8713-c79e01202944
  3. It is a virus o what else?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    It is a virus o what else?: Hi guys I rlly need help, I don't why but the location of MS Weather has been changed to Yerevan, Armenia. I DO NOT LIVE THERE AND NEVER HAVE BEEN VISITED THIS COUNTRY. if I open the tile, the app shows me my real location, but the live tile stop working. and if I reset the...
  4. I am very suspicious about the amount of the copies of rundll32 files I have on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am very suspicious about the amount of the copies of rundll32 files I have on my computer: I have been monitering my files for awhile now, and I have found that there is a rather large amount of copies of rundll32 files on my computer. Is this normal? The text document states: 1,"fusion","GAC",01,"WinRT","NotApp",1 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. I am using itunes to locate missing

in Cortana
    I am using itunes to locate missing: I am using iTunes to locate missing files, which takes me to Explorer. All I have is the name of the files and the length in minutes to identify (and the name is the same). So I'm looking for a file called Class with a length of 2:30, as opposed to a file called Class with...
  6. Bootable USB Not Working.....What am I Missing??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB Not Working.....What am I Missing??: Hey all. A couple weeks ago I got my question answered here and yesterday was the first time I had free time to get into the repair. In a nutshell my HDD is not working on my laptop. I bought an SSD to replace it with. The person that so graciously helped me posted a...
  7. I am not sure what this means

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not sure what this means: What does this mean and how can I fix this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/i-am-not-sure-what-this-means/806064e1-d44b-4360-a627-13e7a614bc9a
  8. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What am I doing wrong?: Hi, I have been trying to create custom Windows themes complete with background images and sounds which I have no problem getting to work on my computer. The problem I am having is when I save the theme the file size is extremely small and when I shared it with someone to try...
  9. Display not detected - What else can I try?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display not detected - What else can I try?: So I read about setting display to Extend I've tried updating the graphics card, looks ok and Device Mgr sez it's working The external display, a TV, worked before on Win 7 just fine! this is: Win 10 64 bit Home was Win 7 HP Pavilion dv7 laptop AMD Radeon HD 6300M...
  10. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...