Windows 10: What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

Discus and support What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying out an unactivated copy of W10 Pro on a virtual machine. Apart from not being able to personalise the desktop it seems to be fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

I'm trying out an unactivated copy of W10 Pro on a virtual machine. Apart from not being able to personalise the desktop it seems to be fully functioning. What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

:)

Steve C, Sep 1, 2015

2. how to activate windows?

A couple of questions:

1. What made Windows to unactivate? Hardware changes, clean install or something else?

2. What type of license do you have? A preinstalled one or a retail license?

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Media Creation Tool

So what happens if I use the unactivated version and install that on the computer I am building

MatthewHoly cross, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

1. What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy? - Similar Threads - else missing having

2. Is it illegal to run an unactivated copy of windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it illegal to run an unactivated copy of windows?: Is it illegal to run an unactivated copy of windows? so basically i’m trying to run bootcamp off my mac, and i downloaded an iso off the official windows website. when i was setting it up it asked me if i wanted to put in a product key (or something) and i said i’d do it...
  3. What step am I missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What step am I missing?: I have Linux mint installed on my HP computer and I wanted to go back to Windows 10. I downloaded the proper ISO files from Microsoft and thought I copied them onto my USB. It was about 5.3 or something gigabytes. Took about 15 minutes for it to copy. Before that on Linux I...
  4. I am having trouble getting a refund for a evoo computer that I returned anyone else?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I am having trouble getting a refund for a evoo computer that I returned anyone else?: Having trouble getting a refund on a evoo computer that I purchased with reward points and a credit card anyone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-getting-a-refund-for-a-evoo/b052a932-9016-40b4-9c77-bbffaae40427
  5. WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WILL NOT FIND VIDEOS OR PHOTOS ON PC – what am I missing: Tried everything Windows Photos will not recognize any folders or videos on my new pc whether the files are on the hard drive in “pictures” or “videos” folders. Also, same on a USB and DVD/CD drive. It says files empty! Which is not correct. Tried dragging video from USB...
  6. Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing?: So i transferred my displayfusion registry settings from my main PC to my backup PC. at first glance, they all seem to import. Bindings are there, settings are there, license is there. However one of the folders with some high priority settings imports, but has no keys in...
  7. Using unactivated windows copy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using unactivated windows copy: Hello, I built a pc in a shop and the vendor told me he applied windows 10 to my hardware, then months after that windows told me that the license expired or something like that, and now my windows is unactivated. My question is, is it illegal to use unactivated windows till...
  8. what windows am I running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what windows am I running: what windows am I running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-windows-am-i-running/defb00ca-fa20-4ba4-8713-c79e01202944
  9. Bootable USB Not Working.....What am I Missing??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB Not Working.....What am I Missing??: Hey all. A couple weeks ago I got my question answered here and yesterday was the first time I had free time to get into the repair. In a nutshell my HDD is not working on my laptop. I bought an SSD to replace it with. The person that so graciously helped me posted a...
  10. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What am I doing wrong?: Hi, I have been trying to create custom Windows themes complete with background images and sounds which I have no problem getting to work on my computer. The problem I am having is when I save the theme the file size is extremely small and when I shared it with someone to try...