Windows 10: What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

Discus and support What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying out an unactivated copy of W10 Pro on a virtual machine. Apart from not being able to personalise the desktop it seems to be fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

I'm trying out an unactivated copy of W10 Pro on a virtual machine. Apart from not being able to personalise the desktop it seems to be fully functioning. What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

:)

Steve C, Sep 1, 2015

2. how to activate windows?

A couple of questions:

1. What made Windows to unactivate? Hardware changes, clean install or something else?

2. What type of license do you have? A preinstalled one or a retail license?

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Media Creation Tool

So what happens if I use the unactivated version and install that on the computer I am building

MatthewHoly cross, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy?

1. What else am I missing by having an unactivated copy? - Similar Threads - else missing having

2. What am I missing???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What am I missing???: Hi I’m having some major issues. I’ve been trying to get back into my personal computer and it’s asking me to do the verify app but that app isn’t connected to my email. I never set up. It keeps asking me for a code that’s not going to be generated. What do I do? Can’t get in...
  3. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What am I missing???: I have gone through this four times, what next? Brand new copy of Win 10 on USB received today. What file could possibly be missing??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-am-i-missing/04a9578c-fe99-4b01-bc26-be1ced8f7eea
  4. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What am I missing???: I have gone through this four times, what next? Brand new copy of Win 10 on USB received today. What file could possibly be missing??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-am-i-missing/04a9578c-fe99-4b01-bc26-be1ced8f7eea
  5. What am I missing???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 S using an unactivated copy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 S using an unactivated copy?: Hey. So, my family’s always been a macbook kind of family (kinda ridiculous if you ask me!) but my sister has been recently interested in getting a windows 10 S laptop. The main problem? She can’t afford a license for an activated copy of windows 10 to remove the restrictions...
  7. Microsoft Account missing in Settings when I am actually logged in. Anyone else having this...

Microsoft Account missing in Settings when I am actually logged in. Anyone else having this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ikram232 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl3n3r/microsoft_account_missing_in_settings_when_i_am/
  8. Is it illegal to run an unactivated copy of windows?

Is it illegal to run an unactivated copy of windows?: Is it illegal to run an unactivated copy of windows? so basically i’m trying to run bootcamp off my mac, and i downloaded an iso off the official windows website. when i was setting it up it asked me if i wanted to put in a product key (or something) and i said i’d do it...
  9. What step am I missing?

What step am I missing?: I have Linux mint installed on my HP computer and I wanted to go back to Windows 10. I downloaded the proper ISO files from Microsoft and thought I copied them onto my USB. It was about 5.3 or something gigabytes. Took about 15 minutes for it to copy. Before that on Linux I...
  10. Using unactivated windows copy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using unactivated windows copy: Hello, I built a pc in a shop and the vendor told me he applied windows 10 to my hardware, then months after that windows told me that the license expired or something like that, and now my windows is unactivated. My question is, is it illegal to use unactivated windows till...