Windows 10: What else besides not searching all file locations when searching for a files do not work...

Discus and support What else besides not searching all file locations when searching for a files do not work... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Saw a video where one of the changes in the next update will be to search all files and locations. So how do we know what does not work or work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, May 31, 2019.

1. What else besides not searching all file locations when searching for a files do not work...

Saw a video where one of the changes in the next update will be to search all files and locations.

So how do we know what does not work or work effectively because Microsoft designed something to work in a degraded condition?

Am I asking too much to expect something from Microsoft actually work?

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, May 31, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 31, 2019
  3. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 31, 2019
  4. Matt_316 Win User

What else besides not searching all file locations when searching for a files do not work...

Searching Within Files

I have tried searching within files in Windows 10 for a string. However, through testing, it seems that when the string being searched for does not have a space in front, it ignores it. E.g. if the text in the file is 'The quick brown fox' and I search
    for 'quick', it will list the file. But if the search string is 'ick', then the file will not be listed despite the text obviously being there. Any suggestions?

Matt

Matt_316, May 31, 2019
Thema:

What else besides not searching all file locations when searching for a files do not work...

1. What else besides not searching all file locations when searching for a files do not work... - Similar Threads - else besides searching

2. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...: Why now it automatically reflects the search results as I type see first image.As I recall, the behavior of the file explorer has changed. Previously, it wouldn't start searching until I pressed enter after typing the search text in the search box. Additionally, I remember it...
  3. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...: Why now it automatically reflects the search results as I type see first image.As I recall, the behavior of the file explorer has changed. Previously, it wouldn't start searching until I pressed enter after typing the search text in the search box. Additionally, I remember it...
  4. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. search & file explorer search not working

in Cortana
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  6. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  7. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer search not getting expected results when searching Sharepoint locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not getting expected results when searching Sharepoint locations: I have many file names that include the date in the MMDDYYY format. for example: 01132020 Request 123456 Approved 01152020 Request 123457 Approved 02012020 Request 123460 Approved 02022020 Request 123462 Denied 2020 Approved Requests Log These files are in my...
  9. Search does not seem to search all locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not seem to search all locations: I have OS as usual on C:\ I have my docs\pics\videos\music located on E:\ The files search function does not seem to work correctly ..... does not seem to accurately search the E:\ If I drive the search down to a particular folder it works OK ... but does not seem...
  10. Search not finding all files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not finding all files: Hi everyone, We recently purchased two new Acer PC's running Windows 10 on a HDD. We also bought a SSD for each device which I then cloned the HDD to the SSD to decrease startup time. Please note that since cloning I have not formated or deleted any data on the HDD and the...