Windows 10: what else can i delete on my c drive so i get the windows media creation.

Discus and support what else can i delete on my c drive so i get the windows media creation. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to free up space but all I have left is system files, what can I delete? I have 2 empty 128 gigs data devices, one is a usb the other is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shyknee, Oct 18, 2019.

1. shyknee Win User

what else can i delete on my c drive so i get the windows media creation.

I need to free up space but all I have left is system files, what can I delete? I have 2 empty 128 gigs data devices, one is a usb the other is an inserted sd card in my laptop but neither will allow me to get the required files on those drives. I want to refresh windows by reinstalling it because I messed something up trying to make space for an update and it now no worked works as expected. I assume I can't use the standard method in recovery because of the lack of space but it dosent actually tell me why the reset failed. no I didn't set a restore point beforehand and yes I've considered deleteing windows all together for Linux cinnamon but everytime I trie to boot the burned image it just brings me to windows w/o any consideration for my feelings. please help.

:)

shyknee, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink what else can i delete on my c drive so i get the windows media creation. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 18, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Media Creation Error

Hi Kory,

An application may be blocking the installation of the creation tool, or that the downloaded tool is corrupted, etc. For us to isolate the issue in creating an installation media for Windows 10, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is the drive that you are using is empty? This is to make sure that there is enough space on the drive, and that to avoid any data loss in your drive since everything within the drive will be deleted.
    • Are there any third-party antivirus applications installed on your device?
    • Have you tried downloading the media creation tool again?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Oct 18, 2019
  4. what else can i delete on my c drive so i get the windows media creation.

creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

what else can i delete on my c drive so i get the windows media creation.

1. what else can i delete on my c drive so i get the windows media creation. - Similar Threads - else delete drive

2. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?: Recently I wanted to clear storage on my c drive so I uninstalled some architecture related software like revit and AutoCad as I no longer needed them. After the installation some storage had freed up but not as much as a thought it would. I opened the C drive and found a 22...
  3. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?: Recently I wanted to clear storage on my c drive so I uninstalled some architecture related software like revit and AutoCad as I no longer needed them. After the installation some storage had freed up but not as much as a thought it would. I opened the C drive and found a 22...
  4. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What are TEMP files in C drive and can I safely delete them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are TEMP files in C drive and can I safely delete them?: I have these TEMP files and a lot of TEMP.DESKTOP files and I'm not sure what to do with them. I had these since I fixed the temporary profile corruption. I'm wondering if I should delete them and if they are safe to delete them.Windows 10...
  6. What are TEMP files in C drive and can I safely delete them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are TEMP files in C drive and can I safely delete them?: I have these TEMP files and a lot of TEMP.DESKTOP files and I'm not sure what to do with them. I had these since I fixed the temporary profile corruption. I'm wondering if I should delete them and if they are safe to delete them.Windows 10...
  7. What are TEMP files in C drive and can I safely delete them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will all my drive partitions will be deleted if I reinstall Windows using media creation tool: HI , I have joined the windows insider program , now I want to quit from windows insider and install the stable os , there are 2 ways to do , one I should wait for the next major release or I should clean install windows but I have all my photos and videos in a separate drive...
  9. Can I delete ESD folder in c drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I delete ESD folder in c drive.: Hi, I observed a file name ESD in c drive and can i delete it because my c drive is filled. Is this file from media creation tool where I wanted to repair windows 10....
  10. How can I download an ISO using media creation tool onto a drive that is not C?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I download an ISO using media creation tool onto a drive that is not C?: I have a laptop dualbooted laptop with Linux and Windows 10 with only 120 GB of space, as you could imagine, space is scarce for both OSs. I currently have 10 GB of space free on the Windows partition to update, but that doesn't seem to be enough, I can't download the update...