Windows 10: What else do I need for my first build?

Discus and support What else do I need for my first build? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First time builder. First time Windows user. First into the fire... All of my components have been ordered and several have arrived. (I'll admit, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emcee2, Aug 10, 2021.

1. emcee2 Win User

What else do I need for my first build?

First time builder. First time Windows user. First into the fire... All of my components have been ordered and several have arrived. (I'll admit, I'm starting to get excited). I'm also getting nervous. I'm trying to round-up all of the little fiddly-bits I'll need for the build that experience builders find so basic, they don't think they are worth mentioning. So far I've collected: Lithium Battery Thermal Paste Small cable ties Thumb drive for Windows install Surge protecter Multi-screwdriver with magnetic tip What am I missing? Do you have a tips or tricks to go along with any of these? I'm in a "I don't know what I don't know situation" so any and all help will be appreciated. Nothing is too basic. Thanks,

:)

emcee2, Aug 10, 2021
  2. BarbaricSoul, Aug 10, 2021
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 10, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue What else do I need for my first build? :p

cadaveca, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

1. What else do I need for my first build? - Similar Threads - else need build

2. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  3. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  4. What else can I do to fix my issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What else can I do to fix my issue?: Today I decided to do a full system reset on my computer and clear all my files. My PC would always hit 100% for resetting, but would always undo changes right after. I've tried everything I could find online and I don't have any other computer to setup an install on a DVD or...
  5. What else can I do to fix my issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What else can I do to fix my issue?: Today I decided to do a full system reset on my computer and clear all my files. My PC would always hit 100% for resetting, but would always undo changes right after. I've tried everything I could find online and I don't have any other computer to setup an install on a DVD or...
  6. What else can I do to fix my issue?

7. What do I need to do?

What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  8. what do I need to do?

what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  9. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  10. Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10: Running Windows 10. Almost had a disaster last night. Blue screen indicating something like, "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." NTFS filesystem. Then got this over and over along with "Preparing automatic Repair". "Start up Repair" (didn't work). I couldn't...