Windows 10: What else do I need for my first build?

Discus and support What else do I need for my first build? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First time builder. First time Windows user. First into the fire... All of my components have been ordered and several have arrived. (I'll admit, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emcee2, Aug 10, 2021.

1. emcee2 Win User

What else do I need for my first build?

First time builder. First time Windows user. First into the fire... All of my components have been ordered and several have arrived. (I'll admit, I'm starting to get excited). I'm also getting nervous. I'm trying to round-up all of the little fiddly-bits I'll need for the build that experience builders find so basic, they don't think they are worth mentioning. So far I've collected: Lithium Battery Thermal Paste Small cable ties Thumb drive for Windows install Surge protecter Multi-screwdriver with magnetic tip What am I missing? Do you have a tips or tricks to go along with any of these? I'm in a "I don't know what I don't know situation" so any and all help will be appreciated. Nothing is too basic. Thanks,

:)

emcee2, Aug 10, 2021
  2. BarbaricSoul, Aug 10, 2021
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 10, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue What else do I need for my first build? :p

cadaveca, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

1. What else do I need for my first build? - Similar Threads - else need build

2. What do I need to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What do I need to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PhEmpire [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgkgdk/what_do_i_need_to_fix_this/
  3. What driver do I need?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What driver do I need?: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 (20H2) via media creation tool. After completing the Windows 10 installation and allowing Windows update to do it's thing, there are issues in my device manager. Please see my system specs and device manager screenshots below. Can someone...
  4. what i need to do

in Windows 10 Customization
    what i need to do: [ATTACH]pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-i-need-to-do/247d4883-f312-479a-94be-d2844d3773d5
  5. My mouse keeps scrolling, what else can I do?

My mouse keeps scrolling, what else can I do?: For the last few hours my mouse which is a wireless Logitech has become unresponsive on dropdown keys and webpages and will continually scroll down to the bottom on some pages or will scroll to the top on others. I have down all the things mircosoft says to do such as...
  6. bsod error , do not know what else to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod error , do not know what else to do: Good morning I had many bsod on the pc, I did some readings and ended up discovering that the bios era was a test version, so it decreased. with this 90% of the bsod are gone. Now it's appearing as 2 bsod in the attachment (unmanaged system exception, memory management)....
  7. Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10: Running Windows 10. Almost had a disaster last night. Blue screen indicating something like, "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." NTFS filesystem. Then got this over and over along with "Preparing automatic Repair". "Start up Repair" (didn't work). I couldn't...
  8. Need help, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, what do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gie34 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt527p/need_help_what_do_i_do/
  9. What cable do I need?

What cable do I need?: Hey guys, I've just ordered a 240GB SSD and it never came with a cable, what cable do I need and how would I install it, thanks Link to SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD up to 520 MB/s: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories 31801
  10. What else can I do to fix the corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What else can I do to fix the corrupt files?: I ran "sfc /scannow", and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth", and it said "No component store corruption detected". I ran "CHKDSK C:", and it said "Windows has scanned...