Windows 10: what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

Discus and support what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card authentication to login and removed login cache and denied NTLM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2AI, Mar 2, 2024.

1. 2AI
    2AI Win User

what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card authentication to login and removed login cache and denied NTLM traffic and even denied user account system and backup operator and have configured well in all security setting in Setting of windows? Any more missing security enhancement not done?2. compare FIDO key and smart card authentication, does it mean FIDO key is more secure than smart card authentication because of newer?

:)

2. kene Win User

Windows 10 smart card login

Hi Cgriff1030! Smart card login is much more security than traditional text password but it is rarely used. You can use either PCUnlocker or Active Password Changer software to disable the "Force Smart Card Login" policy. Both of them are bootable medias. After disabling the smart card login, you should be allowed to login with password.

kene, Mar 2, 2024
  3. SAM
    Sam Win User
    Use hardware key to secure RDP login

I would like to restrict access to our windows Servers using a hardware keys additionally to passwords.

Is it possibly to restrict connecting to (local) RDP to specific U2F Fido keys? And/or to restrict direct logon to servers so the user needs the U2F/Fido key, too?

Or are there other hardware like smart cards which could be used to restrict logon to computers?

4. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

Cgriff1030, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card... - Similar Threads - else security enhancement

2. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...: 1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card authentication to login and removed login cache and denied NTLM traffic and even denied user account system and backup operator and have configured well in all security setting in Setting...
  3. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?: 1. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows 22H2?I find windows hello login but no setting for FIDO key.2. stackoverflow said FIDO key saved in TPM, but if TPM is compromised, will it expose all public key and private key of FIDO key even Google...
  4. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?: 1. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows 22H2?I find windows hello login but no setting for FIDO key.2. stackoverflow said FIDO key saved in TPM, but if TPM is compromised, will it expose all public key and private key of FIDO key even Google...
  5. SD Card Locked with Bitlocker Encryption using a Smart Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card Locked with Bitlocker Encryption using a Smart Card: Good Day Microsoft Team,I have an SD Card that I had to lock with a smart card. I then had to get a new smart card and I can no longer unlock the SD Card as it does not recognize my new smart card. Is there a way to get the system to recognize my new smart card? I have the...
  6. Smart Card login accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smart Card login accounts?: Are Smart Card logins to authenticate to login into Windows considered a Local User account or is it still a Domain User account? Supposed a user gets provided a CAC or a PIV card to insert to their Smart Card reader to authenticate or logon to their Windows account, is it a...
  7. Smart card login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart card login: Hello,So I've enabled the smart card services on Win 2k19 and installed IIS. I've also enabled the GPO for smart-card authentication and Windows Hello for Business on the server. Could someone provide a step-by-step on actually enrolling the Yubi key? I have joined the...
  8. Product key not working. If it was used by someone else can it no longer be used?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key not working. If it was used by someone else can it no longer be used?: I bought a windows 10 pro installation drive in box, though the box looked sealed it looks like someone may have already been inside. It has the drive inside and the card with the product key but it wont allow me to activate it. If someone has been in the box and used this...
  9. Windows login smart card

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login smart card: Hi, Is it possible to use smart card for a local account in windows 10 v1809? What i can see it´s only possible with computers connected to a domain... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-smart-card/acbadc67-ad26-4545-9daf-6add4ed1974b
  10. Use Smart card in Linux VMs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use Smart card in Linux VMs: Hi, I've recently enabled hyper-v on my Windows 10 pro system that's updated (June 2019). I've seen that enhanced session mode is available for both the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and the Ubuntu 19.04 templates from the "quick create" menu. This has the ability to access local...